Sign in to follow this  
davidv

What's a good 1000W PSU?

Guest chris493

I'm not saying it's your fault, or anyone fault. All I'm saying is that it is extremely unlikely that a company giving 7-10 year warranties on their products would give the same person 2 faulty PSUs. Did you ever consider the possibility that the issue could lie within the electrics of your home, and the power going into the PSU is causing faults?

Please don't turn this post into another fight of "get this psu, it's made by ..." or "don't get that PSU, it's not made by themselves". As I said before, out of all the guys I know with custom rigs, 14 of them use corsair PSUs. About 9 use HX, and 5 use TX. None of them have ever had problems with their PSUs. So all this rubbish about some corsair PSUs being dodgy because they're made by ... Is complete BS.
HelloOk no one mentioned dodgy, only that some may be better constructed than otherswould you rather have a Seasonic (top tier PSU maker) or a Channel Well Tech, Corsairbadged PSUChoose your Corsair carefully because they are not all equal.All Corsair PSU's will be good, Some will be better, NONE are made by corsair.Corsair are just a marketing brand, they box nice products from other OEM's. With some homework it is quite easy to determine who make the best quality PSU'sAnd who badges and boxes them.Still if you would rather think it is all BS .. fine, but when you have watched a less than stellar brand PSU blow sparks over your carpet you get choosy very quickly.

HelloOk no one mentioned dodgy, only that some may be better constructed than otherswould you rather have a Seasonic (top tier PSU maker) or a Channel Well Tech, Corsairbadged PSUChoose your Corsair carefully because they are not all equal.All Corsair PSU's will be good, Some will be better, NONE are made by corsair.Corsair are just a marketing brand, they box nice products from other OEM's. With some homework it is quite easy to determine who make the best quality PSU'sAnd who badges and boxes them.Still if you would rather think it is all BS .. fine, but when you have watched a less than stellar brand PSU blow sparks over your carpet you get choosy very quickly.
It's pretty ridiculous, these things can't just blow up within a month or no one would buy. I got a Retail Plus cheap 700W PSU and I've had it for 2 years and it's still going strong.

Hi,You may want to go back and read my first post again, I never stated that I had two Corsair P/S units go bad.What I purchased from Corsair1. 1-Corsiar 750W P/S - The unit went bad within a few weeks, it took out my Asus P6T Deluxe V2 M/B and my I7-975 processor. Replaced once, still waiting for my replacement.2. Three Corsair matched 2GB modules (6GB Total) - Ultra-high performance 6GB DOMINATOR GT modules, 7-8-7-20. (Top of the line at time of purchase) Replaced three times due to faulty modules. I actually purchased a spare set of Mushkin XP3 memory that can be used when Corsair's memory goes bad.3. Two sets of Corsair 2GB Matched Ram (4GB Total) - 2x1GB DDR2 1142MHz Xms2 Dominator Ram (Top of the line at time of purchase). Replaced Twice due to faulty modules.Some additional info on this company, Corsair knew about the faulty Elpida's Hyper ICs on their memory boards and yet they continued to sell these top-of-the-line memory kits. The rate of failure and numerous returns finally forced Corsair to address the problem.As I said before, they may have been a top-of-the-line company in the past, but the times, company leadership and/or quality control have changed.I will not purchase from, nor recommend Corsair again.

I'm not saying it's your fault, or anyone fault. All I'm saying is that it is extremely unlikely that a company giving 7-10 year warranties on their products would give the same person 2 faulty PSUs. Did you ever consider the possibility that the issue could lie within the electrics of your home, and the power going into the PSU is causing faults?

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest chris493

Once again, never had any problems with corsair RAM. Now that I think about it, I've never had a single problem with any corsair product. You must just have been the unluckiest guy on earth to get that. Once again, 10 year warranty given with corsair RAM, highly doubtful that 5 sets of memory would be faulty.