Sign in to follow this  
monkeyoot

Need help on FS9 vista bullcrap...

Okay, when I try to install FS9 on vista, I get to disc 4 and at exactly 77% copying amsterd.cab it wont continue and after waiting 30 minutes it finally says it encountered an error and that I need to check disk space and if my hard disk was full? #### I'm really getting ####off for #### sake we had to order this game THREE times, and finally it gets here and isn't working.. ####. Anyone know of a solution?? <FILTHY LANGUAGE REMOVED BY MOD>

Hi.Interesting post... I can imagine your frustration.I've yet to hear anyone say anything good about Windows Fista... seems to be the modern equivalent of Windows ME.Sounds to me though like you have a damaged CD. Can you take the FS9 set around to a friend's house and try an installation on their PC, just to check the integrity of the CDs?Regards,Dave

Okay, when I try to install FS9 on vista, I get to disc 4 and at exactly 77% copying amsterd.cab it wont continue and after waiting 30 minutes it finally says it encountered an error and that I need to check disk space and if my hard disk was full? #### I'm really getting ####off for #### sake we had to order this game THREE times, and finally it gets here and isn't working.. ####. Anyone know of a solution?? <FILTHY LANGUAGE REMOVED BY MOD>
Give your system specs.Is this a new PC, OS?Did you just upgrade to this OS?Are you logged on and installing this as Administrator?Are you installing to Programs folder ..? Not a good idea?What does you Windows Event Viewer say caused the problem?Have you ever had FS installed on this same computer before?Read this:http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=vista

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Turn off UAC - I've run Vista32 for years and never had an issue...Regards,Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

It's a Compaq laptop. I have installed FSX on this laptop before, so I don't see why FS9 should have problems. It says I have 122 GB free out of 200 GB, once again shouldn't be a problem. We bought this laptop in the winter of 08-09 and that's when I installed FSX on it. I guess I'm installing it to program files, because it's just the default "express" installation. There is only one account on this laptop. All I did was insert the disc, click on run setup.exe and continued through the installations.

I need the information from my first post answered in order to help.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi again,If you can't take the discs over to a mate's PC, try this to see if there's a problem with amsterd.cab:In 'My Computer' right click on the CD-drive.Choose explore.Navigate to the folder with amsterd.cabDouble click on amsterd.cabI think it should open but since I'm not at home and nowhere near FS9, I can't be certain. Someone else on the forum will fill in the gap. If that cabinet file can be opened and yours doesn't, your CD is damaged.Regards,Dave