Hi. I currently have FS9/FSX on a Dell gaming laptop (XPS M1730), which has an amazing 17" 1920x1200 screen - very sharp, 'concentrated' image. I have just bought a new PC, solely to run FS9 (and FSX, though I fly it far less often) - specs as at the foot of the post.I already have a HannsG 22" monitor I can use on the new PC. It has a resolution of 1680x1050. I am wondering whether to buy another HannsG monitor, it's 28* and has a resolution of 1920x1200, like my XPS laptop.What would people recommend, assuming the quality of the monitors are roughly equal? I want the sharpest image I can reasonably get: but wouldn't the advantages of an increased resolution, from 1680x1050 to 1920x1200 be sort of 'wiped out' by the increase in screen size from 22" to 28"? On the other hand, watching FS on a 28* screen would be rather absorbing, especially after my being used to 17". (Reminds me of the wonderful Kenneth Williams - Salesman: "This unit comes with an 8-inch console". Kenneth Williams (in character): "8 inches should be enough to console anyone!"Er, yes, that aside (!).. what do you folks say on this?Thanks,Martin

I have the HannsG 28" and it is the best monitor I have ever purchased. I ran a few professional video tests on it and was amazed at the video quality. It's almost two years later now and I just reran the tests - the quality is still there - almost as good a professional monitors costing $5k or more.Go with it - you won't be wrong.Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi. I currently have FS9/FSX on a Dell gaming laptop (XPS M1730), which has an amazing 17" 1920x1200 screen - very sharp, 'concentrated' image. I have just bought a new PC, solely to run FS9 (and FSX, though I fly it far less often) - specs as at the foot of the post.I already have a HannsG 22" monitor I can use on the new PC. It has a resolution of 1680x1050. I am wondering whether to buy another HannsG monitor, it's 28* and has a resolution of 1920x1200, like my XPS laptop.What would people recommend, assuming the quality of the monitors are roughly equal? I want the sharpest image I can reasonably get: but wouldn't the advantages of an increased resolution, from 1680x1050 to 1920x1200 be sort of 'wiped out' by the increase in screen size from 22" to 28"? On the other hand, watching FS on a 28* screen would be rather absorbing, especially after my being used to 17". (Reminds me of the wonderful Kenneth Williams - Salesman: "This unit comes with an 8-inch console". Kenneth Williams (in character): "8 inches should be enough to console anyone!"Er, yes, that aside (!).. what do you folks say on this?Thanks,Martin
Martin- according to my calcs using your figures: the screen size increase is about 27.3% using diag measure.However, comparing the resolutions, the bigger monitor will generate 30.6% more pixels.So the larger monitor should produce a higher quality image- albeit not a great gain.However, there is a price for that small gain- your system will have to work 30% harder to get it!! And then there is the question of how far from one's eyes the monitors are placed- moving a larger monitor a few inches farther away could negate any quality gain as far as how your eyes & brain see the world!Alex Reid

Thanks for the comments. I received my new PC so am going to try out the 1680x1050 monitor I already have. If the result is not up to expectations I may order the HannsG 28" to replace it.Martin