Sign in to follow this  
jpchabert

CTD on loading the aircraft

Hello,I have been one of the first to buy the MD-11 when it was released and have flown it ever since without any kind of problems.I haven't used FS for two months, and recently I tried loading a new free flight as always, with my MD-11. When I did select the aircraft in the free flight window, the AIRAC started to load and at "5000 airports" (or something), FS closed by saying "a fatal error has occured".I tried un-installing the bird, restarted the computer and installed the bird again, same error at the same moment.What can I do ? Please don't tell me I have to make a fresh FSX install because, as you all know, it takes a while...My (new) config (which is the reason why I started flying again) : Intel Core i7 3.06Ghz - 6Gb RAM DDR3 -1066 - Gainward GT8800 1Gb - SATA HD 500Gb 7200rpm - Windows 7 64Bits - Windowed modeThanks for the helpJean-Pierre Chabert

One common problem is the FSX file dll.xml, I think there is an article in the pmdg knowlege base on how to handle this problem.You could try deleting or renaming the fsx.cfg file and letting FSX rebuild it on next load. Also, make sure your default aircraft is not a complex add-on like a pmdg. I use the trike for simplicity.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi DanThanks for helping me.Actually, I was in such a hurry to test my new config yesterday (even though I still need a good graphics card) that I deleted everything and I'm starting fresh.Which means... hours of installations of add-ons, rebooting the computer, and so on. But worth it. I think.