Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

dedicated server for m/p flying?

How would I go about getting a dedicated server for FSX m/p flying? I don't even know where to start.I'm looking for something that would I could rent, a remote server with a static IP address where my club could just type in the ip address and fly anytime they wanted together and not have to go through gamespy.

Ciao!

I've had a good old rummage around and the options seem to be: FSHost, tried it, not impressed. Buying another copy of FSX Gold and installing it on another PC and letting it run in LAN mode. May well be an option.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

oh boy, it doesn't sound goodI cant afford another computer, so for me that option is out. Not sure if that website is what I'm looking for. I was hoping for something a lot more simpler, but maybe it isn't.

Ciao!

FSHost is probably the easiest dedicated server platform to stand up and configure, IMHO. The only down side to any multi-player server at the moment is how players are interpreted by your client. If you don't have the model someone else is using, then the other player shows up as the default A/C. This can be quite annoying when someone is supposed to be flying a 747-400 but shows up like the glider instead.