Sign in to follow this  
baw079

Height call out on landing

Guys,having used this addon for some time now I can only saw what an awsome piece of programing. It truly adds another dimension to FSX and is excellent.I have a slight problem on the landing. After hearing the audible 100 ft warning I don't get the 50 ft, 20 ft etc. I just have to keep an eye on the altimeter.Anyone have any idea why I've lost the call outs on landing?ThanksWillie G

Guys,having used this addon for some time now I can only saw what an awsome piece of programing. It truly adds another dimension to FSX and is excellent.I have a slight problem on the landing. After hearing the audible 100 ft warning I don't get the 50 ft, 20 ft etc. I just have to keep an eye on the altimeter.Anyone have any idea why I've lost the call outs on landing?ThanksWillie G
Hi Willie,FS2Crew doesn't add GPWS callouts to this version.I'm trying to remember if the Level-D 767 even has an option for GWPS callouts...

Hi Willie,FS2Crew doesn't add GPWS callouts to this version.I'm trying to remember if the Level-D 767 even has an option for GWPS callouts...
Bryan,I did have the call outs prior to installing fs2crew, as shown in the youtube advert but don't know what's happened.Oh well not to worry, it was just in case this old head made another boo boo!CheersWillie

Hi Willie,I've just done a flight today and noticed this as well. The callouts have gone. I was doing an ILS approach. DH set on the EFIS and the Orange Bug set to 0. Disengaged the AP at DH for a manual landing but no callouts happened. HmmmmmBest wishesSteve

Stephen Munn

Hi Willie,I've just done a flight today and noticed this as well. The callouts have gone. I was doing an ILS approach. DH set on the EFIS and the Orange Bug set to 0. Disengaged the AP at DH for a manual landing but no callouts happened. HmmmmmBest wishesSteve
Are you expecting computer generated call-outs or human call-outs?If human, it could be because FS2Crew disables the built-in FO in the LDS 767.Cheers,

Are you expecting computer generated call-outs or human call-outs?If human, it could be because FS2Crew disables the built-in FO in the LDS 767.Cheers,
Morning Bryan,the call out of 100 ft I receive from the co-piot, but after this there should be automatic 50, 40 , 30, etc call outs from the aircraft system. This did work previously but it has now dissappeared. Could this maybe be something to do with the built-in FO being removed?CheersWillie

Morning Bryan,the call out of 100 ft I receive from the co-piot, but after this there should be automatic 50, 40 , 30, etc call outs from the aircraft system. This did work previously but it has now dissappeared. Could this maybe be something to do with the built-in FO being removed?CheersWillie
Do you have GPWS Callouts checked in the "Realism" Options menu?

Hi Bryan,just double checked before posting. Yep, the GPWS callouts are checked so should work.ThanksWillie

Hi Bryan,just double checked before posting. Yep, the GPWS callouts are checked so should work.ThanksWillie
Hi Willie,FS2Crew disables the 767's built in FO (via a command from the SDK). I suspect this is also resulting in the GPWS calls being disabled.Best,

Guest QVA49

Gday all,This issue is a common Level D issue that occurs if you do not open the 2D cockpit panel at least once during a flight with the aircraft. Could everyone that is having this issue just try opening the panel during your preflight, then see if the problem persists. A good way to ensure that you do this is to select the "load 2D panel by default" option in the FSX display settings.Cheers,Tom

I only fly with the 2D Cockpit and I can verify that I don't have the GPWS callouts either. FS9 by the way.

Howard H.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

-Mahatma Gandhi

Best to ask the Level-D aircraft support forum; not much more I can add.Cheers,
Guys,have it working p[erfectly again, it wa sindeed because recently I had started using the lvl-d from 3d instead of initially loading the 2d flight deck.Sorry for the confusion all, but thanks for eveyones assistance.Willie G

I just started flying my Level D 767 around the west coast of the United States, and a flight from LAX to Lihue, and the past three flights I noticed my GPWS callouts were not happening either. I always set DH on the radio altimeter and set a AMSL on the altimeter. I know your manual says to not set a DH when flying a CAT I ILS approach, but I do not want to do this. I also notice that if I set the orange altimeter bug to zero, the FO will call out "Decide" when passing the bug, even when flying a CAT II approach (DH was 100)

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/