Sign in to follow this  
toby23

Will this work with a UK English Version of Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit

I run a UK English Version of Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.I can configure and train the Windows Speech Recognition software but, like a lot of people, Windows Speech Recognition won't work for me because of the error "Speech recognition is not supported in the current language'.There seem to be no fixes that work and I am restricted to one language (UK English) because of the one language limitation in Windows Professional.I can change my Region to United States but not the language to English (US).Would FS2Crew PMDG J41 work for me or not?Thanks for your help,Toby

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10, Varjo Aero, DOF H3

Just bought it and did my first start up and take-off...Wow... talk about immersive :)Thank you so much for making this excellent add-on.Toby

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10, Varjo Aero, DOF H3

Sorry to revive this thread, but it seems like the appropriate place to ask. Am I to understand that FS2Crew Voice Control Version doesn't support English-UK voice recognition in Win7? I'm asking because Windows might have a hard time understanding me in English-US mode (at least it did in Vista, where US was the only option). Also is this only for the J41 or will it also apply for the upcoming 737NGX?Clarification: I have neither the PMDG J41 nor the respective FS2Crew. I'm asking because I'm considering the purchase, but would like to make sure things will work nicely wih my setup first.

Sorry to revive this thread, but it seems like the appropriate place to ask. Am I to understand that FS2Crew Voice Control Version doesn't support English-UK voice recognition in Win7? I'm asking because Windows might have a hard time understanding me in English-US mode (at least it did in Vista, where US was the only option). Also is this only for the J41 or will it also apply for the upcoming 737NGX?Clarification: I have neither the PMDG J41 nor the respective FS2Crew. I'm asking because I'm considering the purchase, but would like to make sure things will work nicely wih my setup first.
Hi Thom,There's no problem with British users. A good chunk of FS2Crew Voice users are in fact from Blighty.You just need to make sure that on the Speech Recognizer panel in the Windows Control panel that your speech recognizer is English - US, not UK. The J41 Edition only works with the PMDG J41.Each version of FS2Crew is custom coded to match the special nuances and procedures of the host aircraft. That's why each aircraft has its own FS2Crew version. It's the only way to achieve the degree of realism our users want.Cheers,

Hi Thom,There's no problem with British users. A good chunk of FS2Crew Voice users are in fact from Blighty.You just need to make sure that on the Speech Recognizer panel in the Windows Control panel that your speech recognizer is English - US, not UK.
Ok, so I take it that set in "English-US" Windows will have no problem understanding me. I guess I can easily confirm that with a few tests. Thanks for the quick response.
The J41 Edition only works with the PMDG J41.Each version of FS2Crew is custom coded to match the special nuances and procedures of the host aircraft. That's why each aircraft has its own FS2Crew version. It's the only way to achieve the degree of realism our users want.
I should clarify what I meant here. I know that each FS2Crew release works with a specific aircraft. I was asking whether FS2Crew for PMDG 737NGX will support English-UK.

Ok, so I take it that set in "English-US" Windows will have no problem understanding me. I guess I can easily confirm that with a few tests. Thanks for the quick response.I should clarify what I meant here. I know that each FS2Crew release works with a specific aircraft. I was asking whether FS2Crew for PMDG 737NGX will support English-UK.
Yes, it will support English - UK. If you're using the 'button version', that setting makes no difference.But if you're using the 'voice version' you need to set your Speech Recognizer to English - US.That's no problem for British users.Best,

Just wondering. How come there is no option for English UK? is it because it is developed with English US?

Gavin Price

Just wondering. How come there is no option for English UK? is it because it is developed with English US?
It's hard to explain, but basically we can only use "one" specific language region (due to the way Microsoft Speech API works). And 'US' is the most common so we go with US.If you're in the UK or AU, it doesn't affect you as you can easily set your Speech Recognition setting to English - US. Contrary to what some think, you do not need to change your whole system to English - US... only the Speech Recognizer language setting needs to get changed.And this only applied to those using Vista or Win 7.If using XP, the only option is English (with no country specific setting needed).Cheers,

Thanks Bryan. I was just being curious. It works flawlessly for me and I mumble a lot and am from the uk. Thanks

Gavin Price