Sign in to follow this  
Guest jordan

ANNOUNCE: SBRelay 1.1

Guest russell

SBRelay is a program to enable FS2004 with SquawkBox 2 (SB) and the various networks it supports (VATSIM, IVAO, etc.). It does this by creating an FS2002 session and an FS2004 session internally, and then translating and forwarding all SB players from the FS2002 session to the FS2004 session. By connecting both SB and FS2004 to SBRelay, you can fly in FS2004 and be connected to the network, just as you did with FS2002. SBRelay is a multi-threaded C++ Windows application built for high performance, and uses very little CPU or system resources.Download from the SBRelay web site:http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/sbrelayWhat's new in version 1.1:Fixed incorrect velocity for all SB planes. This has been a problem since SB was first released for FS2002. The problem caused planes to occasionally jump backwards in the sky, and aircraft speeds for other players were shown about 3 times too fast in FSNavigator for FS2004. When flying with FS2004 and this version of SBRelay, you should now see the correct speeds in FSNavigator, and other players should move much more smoothly when viewed in FS2004. Added minimize to system tray. When you minimize SBRelay, it now minimizes to only an icon, down near the clock. Double-click the icon to restore it. Added ability to remove a player Right-click a player's name and select "Remove", or select a player and use the new Player menu. FSNavigator recognized in player list.Enjoy!Russell GilbertFSChatScroll, FSHost, FSHostSpy, SBRelay:http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/

Guest russell

One other new feature in this version that I forgot to mention:Duplicate players are now removed automatically. If you disconnect SB from the network and then reconnect it, SB forgets to remove the old players and then adds them back again so you see them in the player list twice. SBRelay now takes care of this bug in SB by automatically removing players when they're no longer in the session. Usually this happens about 3 minutes after the old "ghost" players are left behind.Russell

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

Guest Bjorn

Hi Rusell !Remember me with the odd router problem... (he he)Well, now it all works flawless, and your new update works excellent !!!But I won't feed your wife with more chocolate this time ;-)Best regards Bj

Guest sb55mv

Hi,am I right in thinking that if I download Sb2.?(the latest one available)and SB Relay, then if I get servinfo too I can connect to VATSIM again with the new FS9 ?thanks,Steve.

Guest jordan

Russell,Thanks for you wonderful contributions to the flight simulation community. Big Kudos!