Sign in to follow this  
Guest wee_davie_2612

PSS 747 and FS9

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey all,I've got a problem with the visibility of the CRT displays on the PSS 747 when using it in FS9. All the details are [a href=http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/DCForumID21/4952.html]here[/a] (saves me explanining it all again ;))Can anyone help?CheersDavid

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey,>PSS 747 is not designed for FS9, see their support forum.I know. I also said I knew this in the link in my first post. I also said that I'm looking for an unofficial fix for this. The fact is that the aircraft handles perfectly in FS9, although I'm using my own PSS/Meljet merge (Meljet contributing the visual model and a few .cfg entries).Can anyone else help me with this?CheersDavid

Guest pagotan

Hi,You surely know that Phoenix is working on a new PSS compatible with FS9. The compatibilty issues of the current version of PSS 777 are not limited to some simple changes in the panel config or air file. It would necessicate a "hacking" of the gauges which in the opinion of the vast majority is rightly considered as an infrigment of copyrights. I do not think anyone can recommend an unofficial fix in good faith on that basis and I would suggest you wait for the new version promised by Phoenix.Michael

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Michael,Thanks for the input. If it isn't possible to fix it in a simple manner than fine, even a simple answer like that would do. What gets me is the fact that the gauges work perfectly, every one of them, but they just don't show in a docked window. This, to me at least, means that the gauges wouldn't need to be hacked. Panel design and gauge coding are beyond my abilities just now.As for waiting for a new version; I just feel bitten slightly as I havn't had the 747 for long (comparativley) time and now I'll have to shell out again for it.Such is life, as they say ;)Anymore help would still be appreciatedCheersDavid

Guest pagotan

David,Even if the gauges seem to work flawless, the fact that they cannot be used if docked in FS9 shows that a substantial revamp of the gauge structure and their mapping in FS9 is necessary. For your information there was a never ending discussion about this very issue in the Pilot in Command forum as PIC shows exactly the same defficiencies. It was said and repeated on many occasion during this discussion that only the creators of the gauges will have the ability to make changes. Here we are not only talking about programming knowledge but primarly about copyrights. Whether we are talking about PSS or PIC it does not really matter the point is that without the express consent of the authors of the gauges any attempt to modify them would be considered as a breach of copyright laws.My input here was merely to give a general view of the dangers of tampering copyright material.Michael

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Michael,I'm sorry if I seemed a bit snappy in my reply, I start to get that way after a 20+ hour day! I understand the point youwere puting across.Gerard Salden (Team Wideview) has replyed in my other post showing that it can infact be done.I can't get access just now to his site where the info on how to do it is but I'll try again later.CheersDavid