Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Something Weird About This

I wonder if anybody can shed light on this that has just cropped up.Flight in a cargo version,from VABB-VHHH.Programmed the route into the FMC;Dep/Arr SID input to t/o from Rwy09.No problems there.FL set for an initial 30k,but at 30k the aircraft just kept climbing despite engaging VNAV,LNAV,etc.I then had to disengage AP and bring her down manually.Dropped the FMC-set speed from .841 down to .827,and she then remained stable at 30k for the remainder of the flight envelope until the step climb to 34k.So far so good.About 300 miles out I decided to program the STAR descent at VHHH into FMC.But despite cycling through all the Rwy options,I could bot get the EXE buton to initialise.Strange one,I thought to myself.So I had to do a manual hands-on approach to Rwy 07R at VHHH night landing,but despite selecting the correct flaps,the correct Vref,speed brakes,etc,etc,the plane would not slow down and no matter how much I tried to get my yoke to get her down,she just wanted to carry on.At that point I gave up and shut down the flight.Most unusual as I have never experienced(a)losing the option of inputting the Dep/Arr STAR before t/o or en route,or(b)not being able to carry out a hand manual land.Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hi Rick,My immediate reaction is to question whether your throttle is calibrated accurately. If the minimum setting is still giving a thrust higher than idle, then your situations may occur.Just a thought.Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Hi Rick,My immediate reaction is to question whether your throttle is calibrated accurately. If the minimum setting is still giving a thrust higher than idle, then your situations may occur.Just a thought.Cheers, Richard
Thanks for your response,Richard.In an AP-controlled flight envelope,I let the bird set its own AT,so do not touch the throttle at the side of my MS SideWinder Force Feedback joystick.The only time I use it is when at T/O.I normally use the auto-land to get this bird down.But even taking your helpful suggestion on board,I'm completely baffled why should this only happen now out of the blue.I have never had this happen to me in FS2004 before,and I have been flying this particular 'Heavy' ever since it hit the sim shores,and certainly did not happen on EHAM-EDDF-VABB sectors on which I used SID/STARs in the flight routing,so why on this particular VABB-VHHH sector as I was trying to return a Dragonair Cargo back to home base?Using an unregistered FSUIPC v.4.6.

A screen shot would be worth many words.

Dan Downs KCRP

A screen shot would be worth many words.
Helpful as you appear to be,Dan,I'm prompted to ask what good would a screenshot of an FMC showing the ARR runway selected on the right LSK and the associated STAR being displayed on the left LSK be.Because you would not know if it was a screenshot taken just before I pressed the EXE button,which then under normal circumstances,would light up,but in this particular instance did not.So as it is clearly not doing so,no screenshot I send is going to show,and moreoever be able to distinguish at what status that FMS display is.Is it just before the EXE button is about to be pressed,or after it has been pressed which in this instance would be the same as not having been pressed.But,if I manage to replicate this same fault again,I will try and attach a screenshot.

Helpful as you appear to be,Dan,I'm prompted to ask what good would a screenshot of an FMC showing the ARR runway selected on the right LSK and the associated STAR being displayed on the left LSK be.Because you would not know if it was a screenshot taken just before I pressed the EXE button,which then under normal circumstances,would light up,but in this particular instance did not.So as it is clearly not doing so,no screenshot I send is going to show,and moreoever be able to distinguish at what status that FMS display is.Is it just before the EXE button is about to be pressed,or after it has been pressed which in this instance would be the same as not having been pressed.But,if I manage to replicate this same fault again,I will try and attach a screenshot.
Hi vc10man,Do you by any chance have an addon in your add/remove programs called ADOBE AIR?Just wondering...John

Hi vc10man,Do you by any chance have an addon in your add/remove programs called ADOBE AIR?Just wondering...John
Hi JohnI only run any Adobe software on my 2nd inferior Skt939 AMD 64 3800+ PC for opening PDF files.On the FSX-running PC,no Adobe Reader,Adobe Air,etc.I have seen postings about security issues with their Updater,so do not let it anywhere near my FSX PC.Oddly enough,after that initial posting,I carried out an even longer flight from VABB-EGLL,and that went off without a hitch.Was able to select the STAR at EGLL after getting the ATC vectors to Rwy9,and input these into the FMC,and duly auto-landed the 'Big Bird'.I'm just wondering if there was something awry with VHHH default scenery,or the AIRAC or perhaps I had a glitch of sorts with the 747-400X freighter? I'll monitor it and report back if it crops up again.