Sign in to follow this  
Guest Daktyloskop

Can I use RC4 with an fmc-managed aircraft

Guest Daktyloskop

Hello,at first, sorry for my bad english, I live in Germany.I use FSX and I will fly a wilco airbus A320 and his FMC should manage the flight. How can I use RC4 together with this aircraft, because I must load a fs-flightplan in RC4? But when the controller say, that I must turn to a heading of e.g. 130 degrees, I can't acknowledge this, because the aircraft is managed by fmc.And then...the controller ist not amused!Thats my problem. How can I use both addons together? An aircraft with fmc in conjunction with rc4. Perhaps, can I do an vfr-flight like similar in FSX?Can anyone help me? I hope, that my problem is understandable!Regards from Germany,Christopher

Hello,at first, sorry for my bad english, I live in Germany.I use FSX and I will fly a wilco airbus A320 and his FMC should manage the flight. How can I use RC4 together with this aircraft, because I must load a fs-flightplan in RC4? But when the controller say, that I must turn to a heading of e.g. 130 degrees, I can't acknowledge this, because the aircraft is managed by fmc.And then...the controller ist not amused!Thats my problem. How can I use both addons together? An aircraft with fmc in conjunction with rc4. Perhaps, can I do an vfr-flight like similar in FSX?Can anyone help me? I hope, that my problem is understandable!Regards from Germany,Christopher
HelloInstructions from ATC take precedence over FMC's in the real world.When ATC (rc) commands a turn or decent you must comply, that is what the HDG knob and FLCH button on the MCP are for.The FMC is for enroute flight guidance, once ATC comes into play you follow their commands.So the FMC is used from the point ATC (rc) gives you clearance to resume own navigation up to the point you start receiving decent and vector instructions.

Guest Daktyloskop

Hello mad dog,what is, when I had programmed a sid and star for the runways in the the fmc? The atc (radar contact or ms-flightsimulator) does not know what a sid or star is. How shall I follow the atc-instructions? The fmc managed not only the enroute!What do you mean?Christopher

You need to include the SID/STAR waypoints used in the FMC database in the flight plan sent to RC.If you search under my user name of "ronzie" and "FMC" you'll find some threads pertaining to your question.Look at section 11 in the attached document. In RC when approach assigns you a runway about 40 nm out you can update your FMC and then ack RC. When you get your first vector request an IAP (extended menu option) to the recommended runway and then you can use your FMC to get you in position for final. An IAP means RC will stop monitoring you and not issue you commands until you are on final when you will be switched to tower.I cover coordinating FMC with RC a bit in the document extract below on using the FSBuild flight planner with RC. Check paragraph 11. Adapt this to your own requirements."11. If you are using an aircraft with nav equipment that has its own terminal data procedures in its nav equipment (think FMC) you might wish to use step 6 above to take out the waypoints of the terminal procedures keeping just the transition points and build and export with just them. This easily in most cases lets you select the SID and STAR assigned by ATC on your nav equipment by providing a clean legs list in your nav equipment. If you need ATC to monitor the waypoints of the terminal procedure than just export all. To keep ATC and you nav equipment in sync, you might consider importing the full plan into your nav equipment and not using your nav equipment procedure database."