Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boone

Dash 7 in FS2004- is it possible?

Guest Dakota

Does the Dash 7 by Team 7 work in FS2004?

Guest Milton

Look for the Dash 7 FS9 updates this weekend for both the passenger and cargo versions. FD's and gauges were the main issues. Many other improvements too.Also, a full release of the Canadian Ice Reconnaisance model(featuring Bill Womack textures) for FS9 will be available.Full release versions will follow later for those who did not have the 2002 versions.All the Dash 7 liveries will continue to work with the FS9 upgrades.Milton

Guest kilo_sierra17

What's the URL for your website?

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All,I have installed the 2002 Dash 7 into 2004 and have had NO problems with this aircraft other than an icon being wrong, it flies nice and is a welcome addition to the fs9 standard fair.Best,Clayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest Milton

Hi Clayton, and all ...The Dash 7 depended on the wing incidence and twist data for its 2002 FD handling characteristics. Without them, FS9 shows it nose heavy and the CoG at zero % of MAC. Trimmed heavily up she would get off the ground but not the best way to represent such a fantastic STOL aircraft.I personally had two gauges showing issues.All issues are now resolved and enhancements have been made in other areas like AoA at cruise, higher cruise speeds, more realistic useable gross weight, improved accuracy in fuel consumption, drag and lift tweaks, minor improvements in some gauges, and a zoom panel for the engine gauge panel.We have also replaced the GPS and improved the popup radio function. Suspension and steering tweaks help round out the updates.The updates will have all gauges in the panel folder to help keep the default gauge folder clean. The original passenger Dash7V1 will be upgraded to use the later enhanced Cargo version panel with the overhead and better annunciator panel.For 2002 users, these updates will be available Saturday right here at Avsim, also Flightsim.Milton

Guest crashing_pilot

eeej Milton,you say saturdaynight?....the fs9 patch??then i'll go out and buy fs9 tomorrow ;-)i just HAVE to fly your baby first!regards.Tom.

Guest PhilipManwaring

Milton this is great news. I just love your Dash 7 and have been looking forward to enjoying it in FS9. It's a great aircraft to compliment the enhancements and theme of the new sim.

Guest Boone

Hi Milton,This is fantastic news! Thanks for your continued effort and support in general. I can't stop flying the Commander in FS9.When the Dash 7 was initially released you mentioned a future version would have a virtual cockpit. Is this still on the cards?Many thanks,BooneDublin, Ireland

Guest Milton

Hello Boone,The VC is "in the works", though I am totally dis-satisfied with how its going. It has been on the back burner until I could get the Aero Commanders and Dash 7 versions out for FS9.With the Dash 7 updates and a revised model coming this weekend, next up is to get the full release versions out for those who did not have the 2002 versions.After that, I will either jump back to the VC model, or move on to the next project. I am debating whether to await the FS9 SDK's so new features can be added or just get it done.We will know soon. :-)Milton

thanks for the updates Milton. the Dash-7 is my favorite "short-hauler"!chris

Guest Boone

Hi Milton,I really appreciate the update. Your work is second to none and keeping us 'downloaders' informed, without holding things back, is highly appreciated by all.Best Regards,BooneDublin, Ireland