Sign in to follow this  
Guest acezboy561

Wish I could fly it.

Guest acezboy561

Was wihsing I could do a flight from YBBN-YPMQ today in the 208B, but the FDE won't let me, as soon as I take my hand off the stick, it begins to do a steep turn to the left, I dont want to be holding my joystick for a hours, so unfortanetly my night in Australia is runied. Guess ill be flying for BAV instead :)But seriously, Ive calibrated my JS but it still doesnt fix it, anybody else experience this?

Guest acezboy561

Ill try that in the morning, im stuffed up FSX now, so I will have to fix that first.

Do you have rudder pedals or a joystick with twist-rudder? Play with your Realism Settings maybe, specifically Torque, P-Factor, and lastly uncheck auto-rudder (unless you have no rudders!). Also, do as 2wolves said, and once safely in the air, add trim. Flying the real Caravan, everywhere except cruise, you are constantly in a rudder / aileron trim battle! Anytime you make a minimal pitch change, power change, or airspeed change you need to re-trim!Let us know if you figure it out :)

Guest acezboy561

I have the Logitech 3D Extreme Pro.Ive always had this issue with Carenado planes, if I fly say the A2A Cub, I dont.

Hi Aidan,I also use that joystick, and do not have these issues!Could you please report to us with your Realism Settings?Unfortunately, it's always about the left turning tendencies. So, unless you "trim it out", you will always have some turning tendency.Please report back with your settings, I have to go to training :(

Guest acezboy561

Flight Model:Everything Realstic except Crash Tolerance.

Not sure what to say here! I know you have to trim the plane to make it fly normal when you are not making changes. However, this seems like a deeper problem. Maybe try to contact Carenado email support?Maybe try and fly with sliders full left and see what that does. I tested on General, PFactor, Torque, and Crash Tolerance full right, and don't have this problem, but you do need trim.

Guest acezboy561

The Problem is either on or off,Ill contact them now anyway. You only need to trim really when you want to hold something, correct? After takeoff say, winds are 0knts the plane will demand to bank to the left or right - the real aircraft shouldn't do that. Correct me if I am wrong.

Its not the FDE, I fly this with Saitek pedals, yoke, and throttle, and Ido not have a problem like this, takes off smoothly, and then when you trimit properly you can fly it hands off although I usually put on the AP by thattime. I fly realism full right btw.

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

I'm in agreement here: Not the FDE. The Caravan flies beautifully with my CH stick/TQ/pedals arrangement.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

I'm in agreement here: Not the FDE. The Caravan flies beautifully with my CH stick/TQ/pedals arrangement.
Same here with Kurt's setup except I have a Pro Throttle USB.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Guest acezboy561

Really Werid. It only happens with Carenado also, I can run the A2A Cub fine, it will stay level with no problems.