Sign in to follow this  
Guest acezboy561

Wish I could fly it.

I'm not sure what to say here. The airplane will roll left due to left turn tendencies. The real Caravan requires constant trimming. The Caravan also has a 106" propeller diameter, which creates significant PFactor. Have you tried trimming it to the right a little to see what happens? Usually if I get a +2 or 3 to the right, turns are virtually eliminated!It'll be interesting to see what Carenado says!

Guest acezboy561

From the email:

I really don’t know what could be happening here.We have not received any report about it before.Are you running the aircraft in full realism?Carenado
I tried trimming also, it just keeps rolling.

Guest acezboy561

Actually, I did record a video earlier today of it using my iPhone but its playing up so I cant put it on the PC. Ill try again and if it fails ill use Fraps, the only issue with that is you cannot see the position of the joystick at the same time as I did on the first video.

Have you checked that your stick is calibrated properly, it might also be a good idea to increase the roll dead zone slightly.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest acezboy561

Yup, I calibrate all the time. Increase roll dead zone? How?

I you have the correct drivers installed for your Joystick you should be able to adjust the dead zone in the windows game controllers calibration interface.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest acezboy561

I think I should just give you a big hug Big%20Grin.gif

If I may add a comment too here... I see that you change the weight and balance set up. You remove the copilot's 170lbs and change the pilot to 120lbs. So you have 120lbs on the left side of the aircraft and nothing else on the right in balance. That plane is always going to bank slowly to the left... not much maybe, but it would need trimming out slightly...Andrew

The aircraft was turning to the right in the video not left :Whistle:It was a calibration issue, fixed by expanding the dead zone slightly for the aileron axis.

Cheers, Andy.