Sign in to follow this  

Goodbye!:)

Well, I put this sim on ebay today. I have been spending way too much time with this thing. I have been upgrading, tweaking and flying a little bit to the point of craziness. I have two kids and this is what got me. My boy came up to me last night and said, "Hey dad- you want to play". I kept saying "In a minute". "One more minute". Tweaking this #$%^ sim. No more. I stopped and I thought- what am I doing, They only grow up once and it's goodbye sim for awhile. I was amazed in just how obsessive this sim was becomming. Also, after 150 dollars of upgrades, I'm still stuttering. This isn't fun- this is crazy. Oh well. Happy flying.:)Todd

Guest stevehow

don't be hard on yourself..you are dead right tho,kids only grow up once.i try to use the sim when my 7yr old is in bed.its hard to concentrate when all you can hear is...daddy daddy daddy daddy.so maybe a compromise ...like me ...my main fs2004 time is when she and the missus have gone to bed...perfect.nice and quiet best wishes steveUK

Guest FPSFREAK

Sounds like your listening to to much "Cat's in the cradle" lol. But seriously, I have a 4 month old and already I started losing "My" time do to being a Dad. What you need to do is strike a compromise. That balance that allows you to spend quality time with your kids, yet still allows you some quality (Read simming ;) ) time for yourself. Good luck whichever you choose.Bobby

I sim when the kids are at school and at night when everyone has gone to bed. Its a compromise, my job allows a lot of free time so I get plenty in :) Pay attention to those kids, especially when they are young, it goes by really fast.Hornit

Good job, you overcame the sim wormhole hehe. Well for me I don't want to go away from it. Next year I go into the USAF so I get to do two things I like. Toy around with some of the baddest aircraft in the world and use FS at night :)

Guest Boone

I know how you feel. I have felt like this myself in the past but have managed to find a fair compromise. The PC rarely goes on before my 2 kids (age 2 & 6) are in bed. When the wife watches her favorite t.v. shows, I get full access, guilt free FS9 flying.But good for you on making the choice. The years fly in so quick with our little one's. We'll have FS long after they've left home! And by that time hopefully a more powerful PC!Best Regards,Boone

Guest 747drvr

I'm married and no kids. My wife calls it the "babysitter"(for me):-badteeth

Todd,This is probably not a bad idea for a while. But, if you can try to find a good balance in meeting your responsibilities and simming that would be better. Try later, some of the suggestions given to you. Sadly, I was very addicted to FS and I personally believe it was a small factor in my divorce among other things. I began to neglect what was really important in my life, like my wife... I found myself simming at all hours of the day and night when I was off work and I think it had an effect on my relationship. I can honestly say, if I had to do it over again, I would have found a better balance and definitely intend to if given another opportunity.Well, good luck and thanks for your post because I think it might get some people to think a little.Larry

Ah! Sorry to know that you gave your sim away at ebay. Kids grow up fast and once in a while showing them the basic concepts of flying is a good idea. I have 2 daughters aged 8 and 3 and they find it realy strange and funny when they get up middle of the night and hear me "calling some roger all the time"The balance is very important. What is that I dont do now. Well for a change I dont sit with beer and friends after work but come straight home, time with kids till 9:00 pm and then upto 11:30 GA all the way. Suits everybody.