Sign in to follow this  
JayDub

FS2004 Only One Dissapointment, Poor Perf. 2D/3rd Par...

Finally, have most of my problems with FS2004 worked out. I have owned a copy of every MSFS since the old "Sublogic" days flying with the keyboard on my 8088 processor. Had a "Really Cool" color monitor that diplayed Red, Blue, White and Black....... We have come a long way. This latest version is the best yet. Love the performance on my now midrange computer with one exception. I only get about 33 percent of the FPS That I got in FS2000 with both stock and 3rd party panels. I know this has been covered by others, but trying to come up with a better way to fly all my add-on aircraft. I can't get much above 5-6 FPS with any of the great 3rd party panels I used in FS2000 with smooth results. No Tweaks seem to help. For now flying FS2004 with the stock aircraft and the VR panel with some good repaints of the default aircraft. Using FS2000 to fly all my favorite download Aircraft and Panels and PIC B767.....Running all sliders maxed but the water effects which are set at zero. Running in 1600x1200/32 and very satisfied in all other respects....FPS Locked at 25...Cutting back the sliders is no help...Still happy under any circumstances, and will get more than my moneys worth out of this outstanding program. JayDubMy Current system.....Lian-Li Aluminum Case 400W Power SupplyAMD ATHLON XP 2400+Gigabyte GA-7VAX VIA KT400 Dynatron CPU CoolerWindows XP Home Edition /Windows ME Dual Boot512MB Corsair DDR 2400Maxtor 40GB 7200 Maxtor 30GB SlaveSony 16x DVD / 40x CD-ROMPlextor 16x10x40 CD-RWCreative Audigy XGamer 5.1MSI GeForce 3 TI200 Pro - 44.03 DriversViewSonic19 Inch Flat Screen ViewSonic ViewMate Office KeyboardCreative V.92 PCI ModemSaitek X36F/X35T Flight Control System