Sign in to follow this  
Guest Glenn

Does Captain Sim

Guest bradley

Just wondering if there are any problems with this fantastic looking add on aircraft. If anyone here is using Capt

All I can tell you is from my very limited experience with the Legendary 727 in FS9, which is that I haven't had any crashes related to the aircraft and the frame rates seem higher than they were in FS2002. Mind you, that's not a scientific assesment, and I'm sure others have had different experiences. I, for one, love the way this plane looks, adore the VC, and find it quite flyable in FS9. That's about all I can tell ya.thanks,

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest Glenn

Yeah, I've just started flying it over the past couple of nights. While I feel it is "unfinished", I agree that it is a very nice looking bird, and really does fly very well. If it is something you have already purchased, then definitely go for the upgrade. If not, then as long as you realize the forum support from CS is minimal at best, I can still recommend the airplane. Note I said the forum support - as for getting the link to the new version, I had it very quickly, so no complaints there.As far as the "unfinished" part goes (and if others have found differently, please let me know - it will indicate I've got a problem in my setup), the VC is VERY bright at night, the overhead region is not clickable, and a few other minor annoyances exist that really shouldn't in an aircraft of this calibre. It's a bit of a step down in that respect from the FS2002 version in my opinion, but still a cut above most other payware aircraft.Those (except for the VC issues) are my personal opinions only, so I'd suggest waiting until a few others come in before deciding. Nothing like getting a majority vote if you can :-).Glenn

Guest nramsey

Anyone else care to comment? I'm very seriously considering purchasing this plane. Now that V1.5 has been out for a while for FS9, what do folks think?Thanks :)Nate

Guest dpc

I'm very pleased with it. I've had it since the beginning on FS2002. 1.5 for FS2004 runs great on my machine.DaveMy Specs:AMD Athlon 2700+Eppox 8RDA+ mobo512meg PC3200 dual channel memATI Radeon 9700 ProSB Audigy GamerWinXP Pro

Guest nramsey

One specific question I have about this plane is how framerate friendly the virtual cockpit is. I fly mostly from the VC, partly because on the default planes the VC gets better framerates than the 2D panels. Do you notice this with the CS727 as well? Are the framerates in the CS727 VC similar to those in the default plane VCs? I can accept some slowdown on the exterior model, but I need the plane to fly smoothly from inside.My system is Athlon XP 2000+, 512mb PC2100 DDR RAM, Geforce4 Ti4200 128mb.Thanks!

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,I have found the VC works A-OK in FS9 and I get good framerates with it whether using the VC or the 2D panel. Not much difference. I have noticed what you said about seeming to get better framerates with some planes in the VC compared to the 2D panel. A non-default that comes to mind where I noticed this is the Dreamfleet 2000 Cessna 310 Charlie Mike 7. But in the CS L727 I think the framerates are about the same, with one observation. Panel gauge update seems a tiny bit slow in the VC. Nothing major mind you, just slightly slow.Regards,Jim

Guest nramsey

Thanks Jim! I just purchased the package and am downloading the file (80mb) now. Excited to get her airborne!

Guest panda234

I bought it a few weeks ago. Great aircraft. Painless install and licensing process, lots of well done repaints, and it's really fun to fly. Dosn't have auto throttle, which at first concerned me, but now I kind of like. It's like the real thing, you just have to watch it. I'm really impressed with it.And I had 3 or 4 questions that I posted on the Captain Sim forum that were answered right away either by other users or Captain Sim, so I've had no problem with the support forum. My recommendation is do it!rgds,billg

Guest OneTinSoldier

No prob Ramsey.I think you'll be quite happy with it. It's a very nicely done package. Although you have an affinity for the VC and CS L727 has a good one, how about the photorealism of that 2D panel eh? ;)Jim

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All,Yes, I have to agree with all of you, the 1.5 version for 2002/2004 is much better and all around a well rounded add on.I've been flying it since its release and can tell you the 1.5 is the best yet and it is my favorite aircraft. It's a little bit of a frame hog, but not as bad as some . . . I just wish the Captain would bring out a version of the 'Super' with the winglets, however, I don't see that happening.Best to all,Clayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest nramsey

Thanks guys! I just ordered and installed the package, awesome so far! I can't land the dang thing to save my life, but that's probably a problem somewhere between the seat and controls :(

Guest dpc

Just try and stay ahead of the aircraft. This one takes focus to land. If you start looking around and admiring stuff during short final you are likely to get behind. Easy to do though, it is a great plane. I'm realy ancious for the C-130 they have coming out.