Sign in to follow this  
Guest TonyPiech

Is There a "Save Flight" Addon?

Guest TonyPiech

The FSX standard "Save Flight" feature works fine for FSX default aircraft or lite addon planes. However, it doesn't function if one is flying more complex addon planes like the PMDG 747 or the Eaglesoft CitationX. Has someone developed an addon that will save a flight when flying such planes? It's somewhat frustrating when you need to shut-down your computer for whatever reason when you're mid-flight, but can't use the save-flight feature because FSX can't handle it. Tony

The FSX standard "Save Flight" feature works fine for FSX default aircraft or lite addon planes. However, it doesn't function if one is flying more complex addon planes like the PMDG 747 or the Eaglesoft CitationX. Has someone developed an addon that will save a flight when flying such planes? It's somewhat frustrating when you need to shut-down your computer for whatever reason when you're mid-flight, but can't use the save-flight feature because FSX can't handle it. Tony
Fsuipc does save your flights if you want.

The FSX standard "Save Flight" feature works fine for FSX default aircraft or lite addon planes. However, it doesn't function if one is flying more complex addon planes like the PMDG 747 or the Eaglesoft CitationX. Has someone developed an addon that will save a flight when flying such planes? It's somewhat frustrating when you need to shut-down your computer for whatever reason when you're mid-flight, but can't use the save-flight feature because FSX can't handle it.
Would be nice, but there is no such addon (that I'm aware of). FSUIPC can do automatic saves, but only the same variables that FSX saves when you use "save flight".Some addons (the PMDG 747 among them, I believe) lets you save the panel state separately, but how well it works when you want to reload it in mid-air I don't know.

Would be nice, but there is no such addon (that I'm aware of). FSUIPC can do automatic saves, but only the same variables that FSX saves when you use "save flight".Some addons (the PMDG 747 among them, I believe) lets you save the panel state separately, but how well it works when you want to reload it in mid-air I don't know.
Here's what I use and it's in the AVSIM library:FSXSave 1.05 File Description:FSXSave is a fully configurable integrated autosave utility for Microsoft Flight Simulator X Service Pack 2. Users can configure from within FSX, Save Interval, Saving While on Ground and Maximum Number of Saves to Keep. Easy installation using Windows Installer and full documentation is included.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

The reason you can't save flights for some complex aircraft, is that they use non standard methods to control flight services, gauges, FMC, etc... As such because they are not following a standard, it would be next to impossible for a 3rd party save utility to work universally. The better models like PMDG, Level-D will save it's panel states when saving with the FSX save flight function, as well as just saving the panel alone. Wilco will save the last configuration, which will work if you continue on the next flight. Once you use it for another flight, you can no longer resume. Captain Sim 757, 767 also saves panel state, with FSX save.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I tried the FSXSave 1.05 bur on my Steam version it does not allow it. apart from FSUIPC (payware) is there any other optuion for FSX-SE? I am a newcomer to FSx, I have over 10yrs with FS9 and i am finding the transition to FsX complicated.

any help much appreciated.

This is a great question. I'm just getting back into FSX with the Steam Edition after years of running FSX Gold Acceleration and subsequent years away from the sim. I can't even remember what I used to use back then.

I've saved flights in the PMDG NGX and T7 using just the regular FSX save function and returned to it at a later date and it worked fine, including automatically saving the panel state without me doing it manually. Not sure why it's not working in the PMDG models.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

FSX Save works in FSXSE. Make sure you have all available SimConnect releases installed (refer the "LegacyInterfaces" folder somewhere in the "SDK" folder).

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days