Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

Add Real ATC sound to your flight

Really a great and useful site that is. Have listened to it for quite a few hours...

One of my favorites is the archive of the attempted FedEx DC-10 takeover. Listened to it a hundred times and it still sends chills up my back.
Whoa that's incredible. When was that? Anything to read on the subject? Although I didn't understand every single word I found it pretty scary and exciting. :(sig.gif

I listened to allot of them this morning and some are pretty funny. I was surprised to hear how relaxed it tends to get at large hubs. Lots of humor as well. I guess I think of my military experience and hearing my CO or LT always yelling at everyone to "USE PROPER RADIO PROCEDURES!!!" haha.That Fed-Ex one is pretty scary in the beginning. Is that the one where they had a passenger that was a flight engineer that left a suicide not to his gf and beat the pilots with a hammer or something like that (been a while since I seen it).

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I imagine the video's may have been possibly exagerate since it shows him rolling the aircraft several times and changing altitudes several thousand feet up and down. I was surprised ATC never said anything about all the changes of direction and huge differences in altitude.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

The one thing LiveATC is missing is a frequency at Atlanta. As of now there is only one sector of center-space thats somewhere down south. (Don't lecture me on why they don't, I know why, but it would be nice.)

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Yeah, I wish they had a lot more in Europe also.

Dan Prunier

Yeah, I wish they had a lot more in Europe also.
There are still countries which unfortunately won't allow this for a reasons noone understands, you can only listen to R/T either from an ATCO's position or an A/C. Using a scanner for personal use let alone feeding a public live stream might actually not be allowed... sigh :(sig.gif

Yeah I know allot of Europe doesn't allow it and have much stricter restrictions than the USA and other countries. I am really amazed that so much is available to the public. My first reaction is normally, "Wow, I can't believe they allow it". Maybe down the road things will change and they'll have sites like flightaware and skyvector, Runwayfinder etc... I just hope things don't change for the worst and the places that do allow them all of a sudden restrict them. :(

Dan Prunier

@ Dan- I'm sure there was some dramatic license used in the re-enactment, but that stuff about the rolls and altitude pitches are in fact very true. That DC-10 (N306FE if I'm not mistaken) is still in use with FedEx (MD-10 now) and has the dubious distinction of being the only DC-10 to travel as fast as that one did during this attempted takeover. The airspeed is said to have gone beyond the physical parameters of the gauge during one of the dives that it took. There is a really good read on it somewhere and an interview with the pilot. When I get off this blackberry and onto my computer I will find them and post them.Edit:Here is a good read on it including CVR transcripts-http://www.tailstrike.com/070494.htmAnd the location of an mp3 audio clip interview with the pilot here-http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/cargo/16437-interview-fedex-705-captain-hijacked-flight.html

Edited by PropPro

Bill Howard

pmdg_trijet.jpg

Very cool! Thanks Bill. Will have a look and listen right now.

Dan Prunier

Dan thank you so much for this! Now the long empty online flights with no ATC coverage will be filled with something to listen to....

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Your quite welcome Martin, same here. I actually find myself now not using ATC at all so I can hear the real deal without interuption :(

Dan Prunier