Sign in to follow this  
Guest flying_pilot

Ariane or PMDG 737 for FS9??

You don't have to convince me Martin--I made the same observation about PMDG's nose shape in another thread, and was pretty much "shamed" out of the thread. You know what they say...love is blind :) The Ariane models do seem more faithful to detail--especially in things like pylon shape. Still, taken as a whole package the two don't compare. One is a one time price and includes everything you need, and the other is "pay as you go", unless you're a talented painter.-John

Hollywood, I don't have a problem with you presenting your opinion as regards to the nose shape, my point is that you were in part judging the total package based upon your view of the nose shape or using that as an example. I don't mind that you are using the panel, my other point was that you will not find any CURRENT 737s without a FMC, sure YEARS AGO there might have been a couple without but try to find one without a FMC flyiong around today. I hope you see what is a more important issue? Anyone can see clearly what aircraft looks more real and the most important factor here is how FS lighting reflects on the nose. Ariane's nose does not have the detailed shape of the nose, look here at PMDG's nose and then look again at the Ariane and Real aircraft and tell me who looks more real, I think it's a minor point but still believe PMDG's nose shape looks better. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/33908.jpg[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/winglets_lg.jpg [h3] AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Guest Van

Randy you should add a number to the end of your 737 statement as there are still a vast number of the 200 series in service and very few have fmc's. When you say current you must mean the NG series as the 300, 400 and 500's are getting quite old themselves and if you meant to include the 2nd generation 737's as current, then you must also include the 732's.I'm not trying to be picky, but rather pointing out facts. So there are many 737's with and without fmc's flying the skies today.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns/AFG GroupPanel/FDE Designer

Well we are not talking about a 200 series 737, we are talking about the classics or the NGs. What would have gave you that idea? Whether there are *some* in the world with 737 200 series without FMCs is not the issue here. If you would like to point me to a current airline that uses a classic without a FMC that would be great but it just ain't the case and really is a mute point. The reason there is not a FMC on Arianes's 737 is not because of the reason you say is it? [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/winglets_lg.jpg [h3] AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Guest Van

The Ariane panel can be used for either a 732 or 733, so in that regard if it's used for a 732 it's modelled correctly and you did say current, so I assumed you meant all 737's as second generation 737's are hardly current if you are talking about the latest then you should only refer to the NG series or include all 737's flying the skies today Randy.Just my opinion.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns/AFG GroupPanel/FDE Designer

The Ariane model has a few model issues as well.I'd love to point them out but I'd rather not be flamed.I'll stick with the PMDG 737 thanks! :)And yes, I do own both.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Toni Rauch

GuysWith the greatest respect, aren't you missing the point?The original question asks about which 737 is better for FS9. The question of panels, although an interesting discussion, is irrelevant as Ariane's 737 does not include a panel. You have to buy it seperately and given that's it's an analog panel, using it on any 737 from very early series 300 and more recent is totally unrealistic. (That's not to suggest you shouldn't - 'each to their own'.)But given that Ariane bases it's marketing approach on realism and authenticity, Tishma's a mile wide of target.The question of the nose shape is entirely valid but 'beauty's in the eye of the beholder'. They're all very close to the real thing and I wouldn't base a purchase decision on the nose shape (or the fact that one of the Ariane 'pilots' is based on a photo of Tishma..)Simple fact is that with PMDG you're buying a TOTAL package based in the main on the cockpit systems and avionics. With Ariane you'll need really deep pockets and even then, you're forever away from 'close to reality'.Before you get into discussions on other important factors like customer service and support etc, on these few points alone a true comparison between PMDG and Ariane becomes impossible.Like I suggested earlier, 'chalk and cheese'.Toni.

sweet shot. :Djust noticed that the PMDG has the flying dutchman logo missing. i'll gonna need to add it ;)cheers

Guest Henri W

Martin,I noticed that as well. The plane shown on airliners.net is a different registration, but I assume all Transavia planes carry the Flying Dutchman logo.Best regards,Henri

I own both and the PMDG737 is just in another league...PMDG sets the new benchmark since the latest patch still some minors left...If not flying GA then it's at this point only the PMDG that's leaving my hangar in FS9...Andr

André

Guest flying_pilot

I have B732 panel from Ariane, its TCAS doesn't work in FS9... waiting for update. I also have PMDG 737, it is currently my favorite a/c to fly.Don't forget PMDG has good customer support!!