Sign in to follow this  
frankla

"For your Virtual "needs"?

Has anybody noticed this phrase in FAQ; "The Games for Windows - LIVE platform sets the stage for all your virtual flight needs..."? The key words are "stage for your flight needs". My needs? Does it make you wonder if they are setting up a shop in which they sell Flight in bits & pieces based on different needs? They may say scenery areas are sold separately (to fit your need of coarse). Or they may say "Garmin G1000" is sold separately for people who need glass cockpit.Hopefully, I am wrong and am reading too much into it and it is just a shop for current 3rd party developers to sell their stuff. But the phrasing of that sentence was odd!

You seem to completely misunderstand this. A stage is something a play is performed on. They are just using it as a metaphor, saying it will "set the stage" meaning it will fill all your needs in a flight simulatorB)

Brandon Filer

You seem to completely misunderstand this. A stage is something a play is performed on. They are just using it as a metaphor, saying it will "set the stage" meaning it will fill all your needs in a flight simulatorB)
Its referring the stage to live platform not to the game itself. But hope you are right anyway.

It's not referring to a stage (moment) either. It's just a metaphor. It could be reworded to: "The Games for Windows - LIVE platform will support all your flight simulation needs."I'm very confident that this is the way it's meant to be understood.

Brandon Filer

"stage for your flight needs".
Doesn't that just mean that we have multiple "needs" for our flight simultor? Such as an accurate flight model and an accurate visual model? If it said "for your flight need" it sounds a little odd. Its not like we just have one "need" for our flight simulator.Maybe I'm missing something, but thats what it sounds like to me. EDIT: Looking at the entire quote it looks more to me that its saying that Windows LIVE is making it possible for Microsoft Flight to be a good game, not that it will be sold it tiny bits. We might see some DLC though.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.