Sign in to follow this  
onerepublic

New Reg for mainly fs9 and maybe fsx

Hi guys,I need all your help ;) I am looking into both regs : X6 and X4I know that there are way better systems etc, but I def want one of them both. Please let me know which one you would take and why. I want to use this system as mentioned before mainly for fs9 and maybe fsx.Addons like ifly,rex,ge pro,Ai etc will be used,thanks alot in advance guys

TheX6 system for sure! It only costs a bit more 30$ and your getting 6 cores that can help you with your heavy addons etc. and not only that but the X4 system proably has a an oboslite Ati 4200 graphics card. With the X6 sytem you get a decent HD5550 ATi. Which is fine for FS9, but both these systems would play FSX decent no super high settings. The 6 cores will also help you out if you want to use FSX.And before anyone comes an corrects me saying FS9 doesn't use 6 cores it doesn't matter the system is 30$ more and the 5550 graphics card is worth paying more for. And with other programs it will also give a boost.

1- What's your budget?2- can you choose to buy anywhere else but ebay?3- Any plans on overclocking?4- What's your flying style? (planes, addons, IQ settings, traffic, VATSIM / IVAO or offline, VC or 2D panels...)The ATI HD4200 is the on board card and not the one on that Pic. That's false advertising IMO and it really makes me sick to see those things.When I tried to run FSX on that card I got 3 FPS :/If you can go with a Intel LGA1156 based system

1- What's your budget?2- can you choose to buy anywhere else but ebay?3- Any plans on overclocking?4- What's your flying style? (planes, addons, IQ settings, traffic, VATSIM / IVAO or offline, VC or 2D panels...)The ATI HD4200 is the on board card and not the one on that Pic. That's false advertising IMO and it really makes me sick to see those things.When I tried to run FSX on that card I got 3 FPS :/If you can go with a Intel LGA1156 based system
1. My budget is 500 Euros( Don't want to spend more)2. Yes I can choose anything but I nearly don't have time since I am flying(Work)3.Yes indeed I do have plans on OC4.ifly 737,level d,rex,ai(woai),vatstim,2dpanel,ge pro 2, Ie: Everything has to be quite maxed out. I don't want an system where I get maxed out hardly 25fps... I want easly 60+70 fps if I wanted to.5. Onboard means I can't take it off or what does that mean?Thanks alot for the reply DazzCheers,Cláudio

5. Onboard means I can't take it off or what does that mean?
It means it's garbage for a video card. It means you'll have to spend an extra 100euros at least to get a decent video card. However, I can't read German, and I would assume the power supply is junky too, so even if you buy a better video card it may not be compatible with the current power supply.I too would vote for the X6 system

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ahh ok I was already thinking that. Power supply on both systems is 550 Watt. Well it seems I will be going for the X6 system since I want to be on the sure site, and as Luckyman mentioned, 30euros more is not the world I guess.Thanks alot for the info ryanbatcund.Cheers,Claudio

You all know what's coming next, hahaI3 is the way to go IMO. It's much cheaper than those AMD, will run FS9 on maxed setings and great frames

1. My budget is 500 Euros( Don't want to spend more) I3 costs only some 120€ and a 100€ 1156 board will do. Cheaper and better than any AMD solution. From own experience 6 cores are no use really2. Yes I can choose anything but I nearly don't have time since I am flying(Work) if you can please post some links of other retailers and online shops available there we can help you pick a rig3.Yes indeed I do have plans on OC The I3 is a GREAT overclocker, even with the stock cooler and at stock volts4.ifly 737,level d,rex,ai(woai),vatstim,2dpanel,ge pro 2, Ie: Everything has to be quite maxed out. I don't want an system where I get maxed out hardly 25fps... I want easly 60+70 fps if I wanted to. As a VATSIM user, you don't need ingame traffic, which means that an I3 will suffice, even for FSX. Besides you have the chance to upgrade to an I5 7xx if you need a quad in the future, but I bet you'll be covered with an I35. Onboard means I can't take it off or what does that mean?See abobe Ryan's post

Ok Dario, I will take a look´and i'll see if I can find a good i3. Like I mentioned before I need a complete set, since I don't have the time to make my own(And I have no clue) about pcs alltogether.Thanks for the great advice I will keep you guys updated.http://cgi.ebay.de/GAMER-PC-INTEL-i3-540-3-06-GHz-500GB-4GB-HDMI-COMPUTER-/400157823183?pt=DE_Technik_Computer_Peripherieger%C3%A4te_PC_Systeme&hash=item5d2b43d0cf

None of those.The first one lacks a dedicated GPU againThe second: only 2GB of RAMAnd Windows is not included!, you need to add 100€ for the OS, so it's a no goSeriuosly, I would look at something other than eBay

Yeah for sure you need a real dedicated GPU like Nvidia GTX 200 and up or ATi 5700 and up

Ok guys, I bought this PC. After checking some more forums etc about the AMD x4 and x6 I thought go for the better one. I hope that this forfills my needs.Thanks again for all the help guys. COMPUTER Core i7 860 4GB DDR3 500GB Intel P55Asus P7H55-M Mainboard4096 MB DDR3 PC-1333 MEMSeven500 GB SATA ATI Radeon HD 5450 1024MB550W LC-POWER 5550 Silent-Deluxe ATX

Ok guys, I bought this PC. After checking some more forums etc about the AMD x4 and x6 I thought go for the better one. I hope that this forfills my needs.Thanks again for all the help guys.COMPUTER Core i7 860 4GB DDR3 500GB Intel P55Asus P7H55-M Mainboard4096 MB DDR3 PC-1333 MEMSeven500 GB SATA ATI Radeon HD 5450 1024MB550W LC-POWER 5550 Silent-Deluxe ATX
Pretty good system. The i7 will make FSX run nicely. Happy flying