Sign in to follow this  
DC_Ed

Maddog 2010 review

I have been flying this plane now for over 2 years and I fly nothing else. It is a fantastic simulationand the feel of the aircraft on taking off and landing is just remarkable. I have all the others, the 747 & the 767 plus alot more but it's defo up there with the best if not thee best simulation, I just love it!! RegardsPaul. EGCC

Regards

Paul EGCC

The loading time is due to the missing alpha-channel in the original DTX3 VC textures. Just add them (or simply resave w/o bitmaps with DXTbmp) and the problem will be gone!With this fixed, it is probably the best in the market!Ghiom
Never thought it'd be that easy. Thanks! I'll try it out once I have the time.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Thank you for your responses guys. Much appreciated.Best regards

I have been flying this plane now for over 2 years and I fly nothing else. It is a fantastic simulationand the feel of the aircraft on taking off and landing is just remarkable. I have all the others, the 747 & the 767 plus alot more but it's defo up there with the best if not thee best simulation, I just love it!! RegardsPaul. EGCC
Could you tell me the difference between the Maddog 2008 and 2010? Is it worth buying the upgrade? I've had the 2008 edition for a while now and the reason why I seldom fly the bird is the VC. I get rather poor framerates in the 2D cockpit ( compared to all the other add-ons I know, I have most of them) and the VC is even worse. In addition to that, I just can't work the buttons. Why on earth couldn't they come up with a more customer friendly way to dial? Furthermore, in comparison to PMDG's MD-11 or AS's Airbus, their VC seems to belong to years long gone by.So, does the 2010 edition make a difference? Has Lago also updated the model, e.g. the nose which has never been exactly like the real deal? Or should I wait for the next edition (if there is one)? And here's another question: Why are most of the posts in the support forum quite old? Have the fans run out of questions or is the company dead? Thank you for your honest replies.Chris

I am a new owner of the Maddog Professional 2010. I know I am not the original poster but, I am going to "fool" around with it tonight. I am very excited to test it out based on all of your reviews. Thanks so much for your recommendations. Based upon what you all have said, I am certain I will fall in love. I am a big fan of this old dog. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks. I'm sure this dog has a few up it's sleeve. -JustinPS. I also got the fs2crew voice commander. I think this is gonna be fun.

Potential Maddog texture problemFellow maddog flyers, please do this simple test to see if you can reproduce my problem. Load the default flight (day time) ---> load up the maddog ----> press Ctrl+S to switch to topdown view ------> press Alt key TWICEAnything weird happened to your ground textures?

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

I've had the 2008 edition for a while now and the reason why I seldom fly the bird is the VC. I get rather poor framerates in the 2D cockpit ( compared to all the other add-ons I know, I have most of them) and the VC is even worse.
Hey Chris. Have you tried this?
The loading time is due to the missing alpha-channel in the original DTX3 VC textures. Just add them (or simply resave w/o bitmaps with DXTbmp) and the problem will be gone!With this fixed, it is probably the best in the market!Ghiom

Hey Chris. Have you tried this?
Thanks, that sounds very interesting. I'll try to do the change.Do you know if it's worth buying the upgrade from the 2008 pro edition to the 2010?

Thanks, that sounds very interesting. I'll try to do the change.Do you know if it's worth buying the upgrade from the 2008 pro edition to the 2010?
Can you help me? I tried to open the bmp files, using the explorer. What I get is the paint program. Trying to save this, I can't find any DXT3 format. What am I doing wrong?Thanks for your answer.Chris

Potential Maddog texture problemFellow maddog flyers, please do this simple test to see if you can reproduce my problem. Load the default flight (day time) ---> load up the maddog ----> press Ctrl+S to switch to topdown view ------> press Alt key TWICEAnything weird happened to your ground textures?
Every time I switch to Ctrl-S view with the Maddog every single texture is blurred when I switch back to normal view. It does tend to sort itself out after a few minutes again.

Can you help me? I tried to open the bmp files, using the explorer. What I get is the paint program. Trying to save this, I can't find any DXT3 format. What am I doing wrong?Thanks for your answer.Chris
I've just found the solution to my problem on my own, and it works. Thanks for the suggestions!!However, there's a further problem. Trying to rotate the buttons (e.g. autopilot/altitude) the button rotates alright but at the same time I move forward or backward in the vc. So, how can I stop the forward or backward movement while rotating a button? Suggestions really appreciated.Chris

Have you installed F1View.dll at some point? That would cause what you're describing. Have a check in your modules folder for it.

Have you installed F1View.dll at some point? That would cause what you're describing. Have a check in your modules folder for it.
Yes, I have. And I've just removed it. The result is that I can now rotate the buttons, but I can't move about in the cockpit anymore. What's missing now? Thanks for your help.chris