Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

PMDG 747-400X frame rates

Hello,I am thinking of buying the PMDG 747-400X for FSX and I was wondering about frame rates. I usually get about 20-30 frames per second over detailed cities with default FSX aircraft. when flying over less detailed areas, I normally get 60-70 Frames per second. Any approximate frame rates would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you in advance.Thanks,Tatave

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Tatave, Please sign your full name to posts in this forum per forum rules, thanks.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/Sounds like you'll be in the same boat most of us are. FPS of course has many factors so there are always ways to squeeze out a couple more here and there. Otherwise, it's impossible for anyone to guarantee anything since there are just too many factors from machine to machine. For most of us though, in heavy weather (multiple layers of clouds) and in large hubs can crawl below 10 FPS, but a still managable state.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I had the same question a few weeks ago Tatave in this thread here http://forum.avsim.net/topic/295033-couple-s-before-i-open-my-boxed-747/I picked up a copy from Fry's for $30.00 and then I couldn't decide to install it or not.The good new is that I did install it and haven't flown anything since. If your rig is at least similar to mine as far as clock speed you should be ok. Also it has some FPS tuning in the setup config.exe where you can adjust the refresh rates and turn off some options like the CRT/LCD screens on the co-pilot side, etc.I can say that I have been flying mine into hubs like FSDreamteams KDFW, KORD, and KJFK, and even with lots of traffic and heavy weather I can usually maintain at least 20 FPS which is still very flyable and smooth.I cant say if I was running my CPU at the stock 3.0 ghz how it would be, but at 3.85 ghz, the PMDG 747X runs really good on my system after using the config menu to adjust some options. Now until the NGX comes out, its all I fly.Regards,Sean Campbel

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator