Sign in to follow this  
apollomaker

The Elusive Weather Radar Power Source

Howdy All -- well after hours of reading the manuals and trying to find anything that looks like what the manuals mention, I am still in the dark, literally.Being late here, I am probably staring right at the solution, but not seeing it and just installed the BAe J41. Any help from all the JetStream vets out there would be appreciated --- Best Regards, Bob Big%20Grin.gif

There is no weather radar included in the JS4100.If you own the Reality XP WX500, you should see a number of green marks on the screen when moving your mouse over the radar display. The one in the lower left corner turns the power on if you rotate it clockwise (e.g. with your mouse scroll wheeel).

Howdy All -- well after hours of reading the manuals and trying to find anything that looks like what the manuals mention, I am still in the dark, literally.Being late here, I am probably staring right at the solution, but not seeing it and just installed the BAe J41. Any help from all the JetStream vets out there would be appreciated --- Best Regards, Bob Big%20Grin.gif
Well, manual says many times about Wx: Not installed in this simulation.Cheers.biggrin.gif

Hi Bob,Captain Sim makes a cheaper alternative, works the same (I have both). A great deal cheaper when I bought it.http://www.captainsim.com/products/r001/*Please sign your full name to posts in this forum per forum rules, thanks.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Good Morning All --- and thanks for all the tips. It was about 1:30 AM this morning when I was registering and installing the J41, so a bunch got past me. As it turns out, I do have the Reality XP radar, so the "green dots" were functional this morning. Could not see the forest for the trees early this AM Big%20Grin.gifAs I begin learning the J41, will be looking for some liveries. Noticed a source or two on the PMDG site. Any other suggestions appreciated too.Thanks for the help and the welcome guys!!!!

... Any other suggestions appreciated too.
Glad to hear (read) you got it under radar, I mean control :wink:Just be sure to adjust your tilt the radar up a few degrees when on the ground (I use +5). Otherwise you might never notice a sight picture change since it's picking up ground scatter. I thought mine was broken for a long time or not connecting properly with FSX because of this. It wasn't until I was up in the air to where I realised there was something on the screen after all.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hello Dan --- and thanks for the comments. I have come to appreciate the workings of the Reality XP radar. It does a pretty good job of simulating "real" radar behaviors, and is amazingly compatible with weather information generated by REX2 which I use quite a bit as I enjoy being challenged by adverse weather conditions on some flight routes. I set up a number of thunder storms while on a flight from SFO to LIH (one of my favorite long hauls) and it tracked them surprisingly well. I have no experience with the CS radar. Thanks again -- hope to have more to share as I get into the J41 and most likely I will get hooked by some of the other PMDG aircraft for my flight line as well Big%20Grin.gif:(

Glad to hear (read) you got it under radar, I mean control :wink:Just be sure to adjust your tilt the radar up a few degrees when on the ground (I use +5). Otherwise you might never notice a sight picture change since it's picking up ground scatter. I thought mine was broken for a long time or not connecting properly with FSX because of this. It wasn't until I was up in the air to where I realised there was something on the screen after all.

I am never going to buy a weather radar. FSX can't even simulate it accurately
Good for you.