Sign in to follow this  
Guest crashing_pilot

I CANNOT SEE OR READ PLEASE HELP ME!!

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

You know what, I am enjoying the hell out of FS9 but what I AM having the most problem with is coming to forums and seeing the SAME FREAKING QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS COMING UP!!How do I do this? How do I do that? Why is my card flickering? Why is the price of rice based in China? Where am I? How Old Am I?JEEPERS CREEPERS, is there really THAT MANY PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN AROUND THE FORUMS UNABLE TO SEARCH OR READ? That is THE MOST annoying problem to me so far with FS9. You know what all you people that say to yourself "Then don't come here and read anything anymore" you may be right!!!BECAUSE GUESS WHO'LL BE LEFT? ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO CAN'T READ AND SEARCH!I HIGHLY believe in helping out UNTIL BLATANT *ABUSE* AND LAZINESS sets in and NOT PAYING ATTENTION!I HAD to say that because if ANOTHER person talks about the SHIMERING ATI CARD WHICH I HAPPEN TO HAVE AS WELL AND HOW DO YOU FIX IT I am gonna go ballistic on the closest thing to me and that happens to be my keyboard which I'd like to keep in one piece! :-)And don't start in with TROLLING CRAP either. THIS IS A LEGITIMATE GRIPE AND VOICED BY MANY I GUARANTEE YOU AND I JUST WANT PEOPLE TO REALIZE THERE IS A ***SEARCH*** mode available so STOP DOUBLE/TRIPLE POSTING ON THE SAME OLD TOPICS!!!OK enough ranting for now...

Hey Carmine,Why is the price of rice based in China? ;)Just teasing. I agree with you in principle. However, for your post to make any impact, it would involve the proper people reading it, and how likely is that? ;)Tony

Guest rob_banzai

You wouldn't mind taking your intolerance somewhere else would you? All caps rants about how stupid everybody else is really drag the mood of the community down. I'm sure you have never been stupid and never ever posted a question that someone else might've previously asked.Please up your meds, the current dose is not working.

When I saw the title of this topic, I thought "Oh no. Here's a guy who is illiterate and blind! I must try and help him if I can." I clicked on and as I waited for the post to appear, I then realised that a blind man couldn't possibly do FS so what am I going to find? Well what I found was someone who is thinking exactly like me. It really is amazing the number of folk out there who seem to be incapable of searching for the answer to their problems. Yes, we all have problems from time to time, but we really are seeing the same questions time and time again since FS9 arrived. Ok there are problems with it but as always, most of them have been answered in these forums as simmers have become familiar with the new sim. If you study the posts you will notice that most of them now are not being answered because I suspect that most regular visitors to this excellent site are now starting to feel like the originator of this thread and I do.I fully realise that this hobby which we all do and love is certainly not a simple one but when one sees some of the pathetic questions that are asked you have to wonder if some folks should really be attempting it. Do any of them ever read the readme files where a great deal of the basic questions are answered?However, at the end of the day there is very little that can be done except hope that eventually everybody will get the thing running to their satisfaction or is this just a forlorn 'pie_in_the_sky.cfg' hope?

You are assuming that absolutely ALL problems possible with FS9 have been discussed in esquisite detail within this forum. I am still having problems with FS9 and, yes, I use the freeking search function. You know how well it works? I searched for my name to re-read some of the responses I received and you know what? Only one came up. Out of the dozen or so posts I've posted. Big help the search function did me.Take your rants elsewhere. I, for one, am only looking for solutions to real problems I am having. If you can't offer one, go fly somewhere.

Guest tfriend

Ouch!1Some people do use search and have tried many so called 'solutions' to no avail. They may double post to see if any other new 'solutions' have been found. I.E. I have searched and read ALL post on the stuttering problems on these forums with FS9. I recently posted, posing the issue again and received replys that mentioned ideas not in other posts. I still have not solved the problem but will continue trying and conversing with others through posts until I resolve it or give up.Not everyone who double posts can't read or search. Although I am sure many do not search before posting and on this I agree with you. :-)Best regards,Tom

Guest Ken_Salter

Speaking about Search - if you use Advanced search and search by Author - your posts will show up.I use it extensively when tracking down particular users ;-)http://saltydogfly2.avsim.net/images/avsim_sig.jpg"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."

Duh. I most humbly apologize. I never realized that you could search by the author in advanced search. Guess I should have clicked on that little arrow thing..... Somehow I thought it was searching the whole forum.Thanks for the heads up, Ken.

Guest 747drvr

I agree with the threads author..

Guest crashing_pilot

solution:take the yellow pages to the neighbours,and ask if they will call specsavers for ya....a pair of glasses might help,and specsavers is cheap,so you can maybe buy a new strip of ram or something,or -God forbid-,a payware addon.and don't tell me you can't,or don't have neighbours:who typed this post then?!hih