Sign in to follow this  
Haza

Files for PMDG SID STARs Flightplan etc

I wonder if anyone could help,I have found the files which PMDG installed onto my computer but the problem is I can only open them in Note pad so don't understand them, the file types are Note or RTE2, I can't make sense of them.What programme am I meant to be opening them, iv tried picture, PDF etc but cannot open them to view them. I do not have window office installed on my computer, is this the problem?Thanks for your feedbackH

I wonder if anyone could help,I have found the files which PMDG installed onto my computer but the problem is I can only open them in Note pad so don't understand them, the file types are Note or RTE2, I can't make sense of them.What programme am I meant to be opening them, iv tried picture, PDF etc but cannot open them to view them. I do not have window office installed on my computer, is this the problem?Thanks for your feedbackH
As per the PMDG Forum rules,please sign in with your full name.Those PMDG *.rte plans can be opened with Notepad,but as far as I know are not user-editable as they are meant for the PMDG aircraft's,---i.e.747-400,747-400x,MD-11,MD-11X,JS4100,737NG--- FMC to interpret into named waypoints in a flightplan.When you open a *.rte file you will see references to latitudes and longitudes which denote a particular waypoint

As Rick already mentioned, but to add;If you installed the PMDG 747-400, you should see it in the aircraft selection page in the Sim. There is no reason to open the files. Like Rick already mentioned, those flightplans are meant for the FMC to read, you just need to upload them into the Flight management computer if you're going to use them. There are many tutorials available that explain this other than the manuals.For the best and easiest training, I highly recommend AOA's training series.Have a look at their samples: http://www.flyaoamedia.com/blog/pmdg-747-training/

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier