Sign in to follow this  

Where is the AI...?

I am flying the Airbus X and installed a few big airports for the first time (Aerosoft Mega Airports). My problem is that there is hardly any AI to be seen... I feel rather alone. So I installed some 15 WOAI airliners but still no AI... not even at 100%. There are a few airplanes here and there, but not at the main gates.Everywhere I see screenshots and movies with lots of planes at the gates: how do you guys do that...?!? Do I need to install a few 100 WOAI files before I may see an airplane at for instance EHAM...? Do I have to fly at a specific time or date or...?EDIT:Right now I have 35 packages from WOAI installed (and converted to FSX) and still no AI at the gates on EHAM... This is getting very annoying... :mad:EDIT 2:Okay, I've got AI now! But to get it I had to rename the default FSX traffic bgl, turn shadows off and use the FS9 bgl's from WOAI...! With the converted bgl's (to FSX) I just didn't get any AI... Weird. I also wonder if I will still see cars driving around now...? What do you have to do to get FSX compatible bgl's working...?

EDIT 2:Okay, I've got AI now! But to get it I had to rename the default FSX traffic bgl, turn shadows off and use the FS9 bgl's from WOAI...! With the converted bgl's (to FSX) I just didn't get any AI... Weird. I also wonder if I will still see cars driving around now...? What do you have to do to get FSX compatible bgl's working...?
Before when I ran WOAI I had pretty much all the packages installed. I also had removed the default trafficAircraft.bgl and converted all the WOAI bgls to FSX bgl's. I have no problem with AI, in fact I often had way too much AI.One thing you can check is going to the WOAI site and looking in the menu option that says "Airports", then type in EHAM and it will give you a list of all the packages that fly into that airport. You can then check that list against what you have installed.Then there is the thing with the aircraft ground shadows. I have noticed that some of the sceneries that Aerosoft produces and some that they haven't produced, but market, require that the aircraft shadows be turned off. Another possibility is that you have multiple AFCADs installed for that scenery. This can throw a monkey wrench in you AI not showing up.Lastly from my experience with WOAI in the past. I once had something similar happen to me when I already had about 150 or so packages installed. Everyting was working fine, plenty of AI, so I added about 50 more packages, 10 at time, without checking them in FSX. Once I had the new 50 packages installed, all of the sudden I noticed that alot of the AI were gone or not showing up. I turned out that one of the bgl's from the new 50 packages I installed, I forgot to convert it to an FSX bgl, hence it caused most of the other AI not disappear.I am assuming you have the package for KLM installed? Just having that one should give you a lot of traffic at EHAM.Hope any of these suggestion help. I can say though that if you check the "Airport" section at WOAI and put in EHAM and make sure to install all the packages that fly to that airport, you should get a lot of traffic. One warning though, when you run the installer, dont let it install any AFCADs. I made the mistake of letting some of the packages install AFCADs for FS9 into FSX and it caused some problems as well until I had figure out what I had done.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for the reply and that airport tip: didn't see that one yet. Nice!BTW I got my FSX bgl's working now. I (finally) was clever enough to open the folder with the bgl's and set the order to date: then I noticed there were 23 WOAI bgl's instead of the 21 I was expecting to see... So I had accidently left 2 FS9 bgl's in that folder... :( I removed those two and even with the default FSX traffic enabled again, everything is working now! :( It took some time but I got there...

Had a quick question guys, How do you convert fs9 taffic bgl's to FSX bgl's?? That would be really helpful as I'm about to install the WOAI packages into FSX. I will hold off until I understand this step. Thanks for your help in advance.Warm regards, Jeff Moss

Thanks for the reply and that airport tip: didn't see that one yet. Nice!BTW I got my FSX bgl's working now. I (finally) was clever enough to open the folder with the bgl's and set the order to date: then I noticed there were 23 WOAI bgl's instead of the 21 I was expecting to see... So I had accidently left 2 FS9 bgl's in that folder... :( I removed those two and even with the default FSX traffic enabled again, everything is working now! :( It took some time but I got there...
Glad to see that you got it working.
Had a quick question guys, How do you convert fs9 taffic bgl's to FSX bgl's?? That would be really helpful as I'm about to install the WOAI packages into FSX. I will hold off until I understand this step. Thanks for your help in advance.Warm regards, Jeff Moss
There are a few free programs that will do it. For the last few years I have been using one called AIFPC which can be found most likely using a google search.Here'a link to getyou started. http://aifs2.pvdveen.net/?p=145

There are a few free programs that will do it. For the last few years I have been using one called AIFPC which can be found most likely using a google search.Here'a link to getyou started. http://aifs2.pvdveen.net/?p=145
And to do the actual converting: when AIFP is started, go to the 'File' menu and select 'Convert FS9 Traffic Files to FSX'.

And to do the actual converting: when AIFP is started, go to the 'File' menu and select 'Convert FS9 Traffic Files to FSX'.
LOL, yeah I guess I should have mentioned that. I thought you had already converted some to the FSX format, so I didn't say anything.

Not to mention AIFP also has a menu option "Find FS9 traffic files", which, as you might guess, will search any folders you select from the drop-down, and give you a list of any traffic bgls in fs9 format.scott s..

LOL, yeah I guess I should have mentioned that. I thought you had already converted some to the FSX format, so I didn't say anything.
Yes, I already did, but Jeff Moss didn't. :( My reply was a reply to your reply to Jeff Moss's post. :(