Sign in to follow this  
lollo883

Another strange problem with MD11

Hello everybody!I'm writing for these problems that I'm having with MD11. After installation (everithing is fine till here) I load the MD11 and when I load a panel state from the menu above first problem appears. The "cold and dark" panel state does not load propely...I mean...some screens remain active and some swithches on the overhead are in ON position (for ex. batteries ect.).Then...comes the "trim problem". I mean that the TRIM does not stay in the position I want. I want trim at 6.5 unit and it goes there but when I release the switch it comes to the full nose down position at once. This happens sometimes since engine start...other times during flight.Sometimes I'm experiencing a problem with the FMC keyboard in 3D panel...the keyboard is fully blocked in 3D panel while it works in 2D panel.At last...the "parking brake problem". Here's the problem...when I apply parking brakes to the A/C they comes on the the apposite lever is in the correct position but when I release them...the lever comes to OFF position but the writing on the screen reproduced by flight simulator begins to flash and the A/C behaves like its parking brakes are on. This problem happens 1 or 2 minutes after the MD11 loading.I have already tried to reinstall the MD11...to reinstall FSX....I have also formatted my HD and reinstalled everything from the beginnning but...nothing! It's not working. The strange fact is that this kind of prblems appear also with all others payware software that I have...just default A/C works propely. I do not know why!I have all up to date...included C++ runtime and the video card drivers.Here are my spec. Win 7 Ultimate 32bit, FSX with SP1, PMDG MD11 for FSXThanks a lot for any kind of help!Best RegardsLorenzo Chiovaro

Hi Lorenzo, Before I can attempt to answer any of these (if at all), I need to know exactly why you do no have FSX SP2 installed.To me it makes 0 sense but need to try and understand why people don't install a patch that fixed so many issues with FSX.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Thank you very much for your suggestion but the thing is that if I put on the FSX SP2 on my system it says: " FSX cannot be run on this PC, try to check you video-card drivers and have the most updated one". I have check both drivers and Direct X...installing the most up to date of both (dated July 2010) but the problem persists. The only way I have to make FSX working is to uninstall SP2...having done this my MD11 returns to have the problems descripted above...Very strange....Thank for helping!Best RegardsLorenzo Chiovaro

Thanks for the clarification Lorenzo, now perhaps we can get to the bottom of this since it appears you might have something more wrong than I thought.I never ran into this issue myself or heard of SP2 causing that so hopefully someone else can answer it. I would imagine that if your having problems with installing SP2 then every other issue may be impossible to correct without first finding out the core of the problem.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier