Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fortress

Tire Replac(e)ment

Guest citybus2200

Can anyone tell me how often do the large aircraft (eg. Boeing 747, Airbus A330, etc...) replace their tires?

Didn't you ask this in another, still active thread? The best place to post this question might be Hangar Chat, as this is the MSFS forum. It could very well be that someone who doesn't have MSFS and doesn't browse this forum has the answer you're looking for...-John

Guest citybus2200

I have no idea on other discussion board except for this one. I can try to ask the people in Hanger Chat.

Guest DaveKDEN

There is no set timeframe involved. It depends on wear and tear to the tire itself. Typically, once steel reinforcement belts start showing, the tire is tracked. After so many cycles with steel belts showing or additional wear to the point the tire is beyond acceptable "specs", the tire is replaced.Dave

Guest Fortress

Why don't you ask the question on www.pprune.org. You're bound to get an authoratitive answer there! I doubt though you'll get an answer that suggests specific periods: monthly, quarterly... etc.Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[p]AMD XP2800+ Barton, Gigabyte GA-7NNXP nForce2, 1Gig Crucial PC3200 DDR 400MHz, Gainward 128 MB GF4-4200, SB Audigy, 3 x WD Caviar SE[/p]