Sign in to follow this  
Guest wathomas777

FSGenesis Land Class and US 38M Mesh=MUST BUY!!!

Guest wathomas777

Ok, I have seen a bunch of people ogle over the Mega Scenery for SoCal, but I can't see my self buying it because I have no special Attachment to SOCAL, and I'm not sure I would like the transition from MS Default to MegaScenery.. Just too abrupt.However, FSGenesis has their US Land Class and US 38m Scenery on sale. (Actually everything is on sale)The 38M Enhanced Scenery for the US is absolutely unbelievable. I have recently rediscovered areas that I have visited and wish to visit. Devils Tower is clearly (and for the first time) visible exactly where it is supposed to be. The "resolution" of the tower is still a bit rough due to it's size and shape, but it is much better than nothing.Stone Mountain is clearly visible flying East from KATL,Meteor Crater in AZ is also very pronounced. I was alos impressed in the detail of one of my favorite NP's, Bryce Canyon. Anyone who has been there understands that 38M mesh can not fully capture the unique rock formations within the basin of this canyon, yet, generally the canyon was well represented with a high degree of detail, color, and texture.The LandClass also adds a lot to US flights. When flying to Bryce Canyon, I made extensive use of the Land Class to identify towns that were little more than dots on my map. Yet residential textures were clearly visible indicating civilization.If you use the Discount Bundles, you can really make out.Buying 5 or more titles will reduce your bill by 45%.Thus you can buy all 5 regions of the US in 38M AND the US Land class project for a little over $35 US. (compared to $65.00 if purchased separately.)This has completely transformed FS9 for me and is well worth the expense. BTW: do not bother with the US 78M (base scenery). For $10.00 it may seem like a great deal, but I found it much too rough, and Justin has said that the 38m stuff is much better and based on much more accurate data. (That's for sure!!!!)I just paid 16 Euros to cover Gibraltar in detail (6 Square KM), so covering the entire US in 38M mesh for $27.00 (after bundle discount) is a deal indeed. And at the very least, the National LandClass Project is as much as a requirement as a VGA card in my opinion (a very reasonable $14.95 (even less if part of a bundle discount)).And Support at FSG is GREAT. And if you really like their stuff, a membership can give you anywhere from 15% to 100% (yes, as in free).I've never been a huge Mesh Guy, but FSG may change that.

I second the motion. Justin's mesh and LandClass are must have's. It takes the midwest, USA, which is pretty sparse by default, and adds a lot of detail and variety. Can't fly with out it.Tony

Agree. Have used it for quite awhile. Great product.BobG

Great stuff. Of course I would say that since I just bought the Galaxy Membership :() It really doubles your simming pleasure IMO!Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Guest wathomas777

You must be single or have one heck of an understanding spouse :-halo

Guest Oldthaiger

How about floating trees and buildings? Used the 38 meter stuff in 2k2 and flying in the North West U.S.was ruined by the floating debris, and elevated runways. Landing on some runways you would sink right through them. :-vuur John--... ...---.- -.-. --... ...- .-

I've been avoiding Justin's stuff, first because it didn't used to be available for download, but second because I live and fly in Colorado and I figured the 38m stuff would kill frame rates. Well, it's weird but FS9 seems to run even smoother than before which makes me think that it cut down on autogen scenery or something. No matter - it looks great and works great!David

I'm married x25 years with two daughters. She just has come to know me as a colossal vidiot, and that if fed and watered properly, I perform wonders (when not flying, of course!).Cheers,Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

I don't have the US mesh, but I do have the Canadian mesh, which is 75 meter. It's fantastic, I really wouldn't want to fly without it. Definitely worth the $15.00.

Guest wathomas777

The Autogen Placement in FS2004 creates a lot less of that. If you noticed, even default FS2004 would often compensate for less complex mesh. so you could theoretically dial down 20% complexity and still have proper placement of autogen.If FS2002, If you weren't running at least 75% mesh, you would get floating autogen.Since FS2004 is much better at placing objects, the mesh looks very good. I fly in PNW area myself, and t he 75m mesh was a big downer. The 38m is much better. The cedar river "valley" is still too canyon like out side of Renton, but overall the whole looks much better.