Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bigshot

New ATI drivers available

New ATI 7.92 drivers now showing up on the guru3d site. They are beta so I have not tried them yet. Hope this signals the certified drivers will be out soon. Anyone try these beta drivers????Capt.Mac

I just tried them. They are dated 20 July and I saw absolutely no difference with a 9800 Pro. Same flicker problem. Same fullscreen undocking problem. No quality or FPS difference compared to the 3.6's.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Today.. I went to compUSA and exchanged my Radeon 9800 Pro for a nVidea 5900 Ultra 256 MB Card.. and ... almost all my problems disappeared.When I pay $500 bucks for a card.. I don't want a sorry #### excuse as.. "Oh..the Driver for this is on the way... Just hold on..".Totally unacceptable.. Radeon Sucks.. IMO.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest FPSFREAK

Manny,Nice double post...Good luck w the 5900. A great card. But than again so is the 9800. Other than the menu flicker issue which will be solved in a few weeks w the new drivers it's as fast as any 5900. And looks better visually too.By the way, there are quite a few issues w the 5900 also so keep an eye out.One question, did you enjoy getting boinked in the arse for $500. Hate to say it but you got reamed man..Bobby

Guest Bigshot

Wait till he finds out the 9600 ATI budget card wipes the 5900 Ultra in the new DX9 games. Test results on the first DX9 game is out and it's really sad.

Guest JoeESSA

:-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao

LOL. Post here again when you're changing drivers as often as most folks change their shorts. Especially as the DX9 titles become available. But, we all make mistakes so not to worry :-)....Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but the 5900's have the "flicker from hell", just like the 9800's. (Trust me, I know...I'm beginning to think I got reamed with this 5900.)These manufacturers need to figure this little problem out quick!

Guest Bigshot

Here's what 3dgpu had to say:____________________________________________________________________I got an email from jb pointing out an excellent article over on Beyond3D, where they were able to benchmark Tomb Raider: Angel Of Darkness. TR:AOD supports Pixel Shader 2.0 and even NVIDIA's Cg, so it's the first game that's out now that supports DirectX 9 features and can be benchmarked. The one thing the article has shown, after going over it, is that the Radeon 9600/9700/9800 does quite well, handling PS 2.0 with aplomb, whilst the GeForce FX line from 5600/5800/5900 generates results that can be aptly put as downright pathetic. Synthetic benchmarks such as 3DMark03 and Shadermark has hinted that the GeForce FX weren't great with PS 2.0, but now we have hard evidence that it just can't handle it well. Which begs the question - what's the point of buying the GeForce FX line of cards if it can't even play DX9 games in any manner of appreciable performance? Noone buys a card from $300 on just to play their current and past games faster, but to have the peace of mind knowing that 6 months down the road, it'll still handle games quite well.When even a Radeon 9600 Pro does better than the 5900 Ultra when PS 2.0 is enabled, then that just points out to me that ATI's lineup can handle future games a lot better in the long run. Granted, this is just one game and one benchmark, but I have a feeling that this trend will continue. NVIDIA has had plenty of times to work the kinks out of the drivers for the GeForce FX line, and they were plenty aware of the Tomb Raider benchmark, as I was told about it over 6 months ago. When I asked not long ago about the benchmark, before Beyond3D started working with Eidos on it, I was told by NVIDIA that Eidos scrapped the benchmark due to lack of resources. That seems to not be the case. Perhaps the performance was so abysmal that they were just hoping it would never surface. We were told by Reverend at Beyond3D that Eidos plans on releasing a patch that'll enable benchmarking in TR:AOD.That's my thoughts for the day. What's your's?__________________________________________________________________And the DX9 test results: http://www.beyond3d.com/misc/traod_dx9perf/index.php?p=2