Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

Bill Moloys Atlanta Scenery for FS8...in FS9...

I have tried to use Bills AWESOME scenery for Atlanta in FS2004.However ordering this new scenery above the default in the scenery.cfg does not suppress the default. You wind up with 2 Georgia Domes etc. The default is so bad its stupid. The Omni is still there...(torn down 5 years ago...not present in FS8.) The 1996 Olympic stadium is still there...converted to current Turner Field configuration in 1997. Georgia Techs Bobby Dodd Stadium at Grant Field is not present at all. Stone mountain isnt there... the MS default is just isnt close. Bills scenery is almost exact.Moloys scenery does show up and does look great in FS9. The problem is that the default also shows up. I want to kill it... how?Appreciate any advice.ThanksEric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Just a shot in the dark.Would an exclude line covering the area affected work, similar to those in FS2k & FS2k2?If Bill's scenery already has an exclude line in the scenery.cfg file then I guess not.

When you wrote about the excludes...I was happy cause i knew I had forgotten those from FS2002!!!However...still does not work. First, excludes have to be hand entered in current FS2004 and the scenery.cfg is recorded two places I know of..default FS2004 and under documents and settings/application data/microsoft/fs9.I put in the excludes, ordered the scenery etc and still it does not work. Can anybody advise if Excludes work in FS9? I'd frankly like to find the offending bgl building files and just blow em away out of the default scenery. Bills is that much better.Eric

A part answer Eric,Exclude files do work in FS9. I have some commercial scenery that uses exclude files and the exclude lines are in both scenery.cfg files.I'll have a play about and see if I can at least get rid of Atlanta :-), but hope someone comes up with a solution before then.RgdsVulcan

Update.I have effected a change at what I think is Turner Field, ay least the before and after screen shots are different.Try this Eric if you still have FS2k2 installed.Open FS9, scenery library->Add Scenery and point it to the Turner Field folder in FS2k2 (or in FS9 if only have FS9) and add that scenery.Exit FS9, and then restart it so that the new scenery 'takes' and then close FS again. Refresh the FS9 folder and look for the scenery.cfg file and make sure it has the current time and date, that way you know it has just been modified.Search the scenery.cfg file for Turner Field.Find the exclude line in Bil's readme for his scenery and past it immediately below the Turner Field entry. There does not seem to be any need to put this line in the scenery.cfg in the 'Documents and Settings' one.HTH

I have my FS scenery in a third directory called F:FS Scenery...FS2002 and FS2004 share the same directory. However I have not flownFS2002 in a couple of weeks. Does that matter?Eric

FYI... this is how my scenery.cfg file shows these sceneries like this.[Area.063]Title=Turner FieldActive=TRUELayer=63Local=..FS SceneryAtlantaTurner FieldExclude=N33 44.77,W84 23.65,N33 44.22,W84 23.24,allRemote=Required=FALSE[Area.064]Title=Atlanta SkylineActive=TRUELayer=64Local=..FS SceneryAtlantaSkylineExclude=N33 45.77,W84 23.95,N33 45.53,W84 23.46,allRemote=Required=FALSE