Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rex247

Noise in TileProxy

Guest Rex247

I'm new to TP and 3 separate installations gave me the same problem. Almost all ground and water textures have noise on them. Please tell me this is fixable, because I'd rather have vanilla ground textures than noise!

I'm new to TP and 3 separate installations gave me the same problem. Almost all ground and water textures have noise on them. Please tell me this is fixable, because I'd rather have vanilla ground textures than noise!
Welcome aboard.What noise... corrupted image?Check one/some of the jpg images in the cache folder/subfolder and see if they are clean. Specify a specific lat/lon and resolution level and we can check the same location. Even a small screenie would help.I don't recall anyone ever describing the imagery as having noise -- although I sometimes see the borders of waterclass sections as faint lines.Loyd

Guest Rex247
Welcome aboard.What noise... corrupted image?Check one/some of the jpg images in the cache folder/subfolder and see if they are clean. Specify a specific lat/lon and resolution level and we can check the same location. Even a small screenie would help.I don't recall anyone ever describing the imagery as having noise -- although I sometimes see the borders of waterclass sections as faint lines.Loyd
Before installation:fsx2010-09-2600-51-02-84.jpgAfter:fsx2010-09-2523-53-01-89.jpgfsx2010-09-2613-30-38-78.jpgWater:fsx2010-09-2613-25-37-19.jpgThis noise occurs happens even when I'm not running TP. Only after installation.Also, if I increase the color level, will I get less washed out images?

looks pretty good to me - I will assume you mean blurry image by noise. What you see in tile proxy depends on the quality and resolution of the source image. ( And also your settings) Alos, you need to be about 1500 ft AGL or higher to start to see the imagery looking good - remember - 1m per pixel is good imagery in Tileproxy, but you need to be quite high for even that to look ok. You can play with the colour hues by using the ENB series mod - I find it really helps, as much aerial imagery is washed out in appearance.Cheers, Mark

Guest Rex247
looks pretty good to me - I will assume you mean blurry image by noise. What you see in tile proxy depends on the quality and resolution of the source image. ( And also your settings) Alos, you need to be about 1500 ft AGL or higher to start to see the imagery looking good - remember - 1m per pixel is good imagery in Tileproxy, but you need to be quite high for even that to look ok. You can play with the colour hues by using the ENB series mod - I find it really helps, as much aerial imagery is washed out in appearance.Cheers, Mark
Well I need to fix the loading of the tiles also, but what I'm seeing is not simply blurring, it's snow, much like in this non-FS related example: http://docs.gimp.org...se-taj-hurl.jpgWhat could be causing this? It's not the tiles, it's something that the installation added because this happens to vanilla textures too.Btw, I'll play around with the ENB settings.

Well I need to fix the loading of the tiles also, but what I'm seeing is not simply blurring, it's snow, much like in this non-FS related example: http://docs.gimp.org...se-taj-hurl.jpgWhat could be causing this? It's not the tiles, it's something that the installation added because this happens to vanilla textures too.Btw, I'll play around with the ENB settings.
Well, I see only a 'speckled' appearance near the horizon in #3 (1st cockpit pix) that might be due to the MIP settings; I get that usually, but that's something that is more obvious at higher settings... it seems to happen at specific ranges. Mostly I don't see the problem in the posted images.just curious: do you see any obvious difference at different zoom levels? and all views? and every distance?If so, that is indeed strange.Loyd

Guest Rex247
Well, I see only a 'speckled' appearance near the horizon in #3 (1st cockpit pix) that might be due to the MIP settings; I get that usually, but that's something that is more obvious at higher settings... it seems to happen at specific ranges. Mostly I don't see the problem in the posted images.just curious: do you see any obvious difference at different zoom levels? and all views? and every distance?If so, that is indeed strange.Loyd
I turned down the settings and the noise and problems with AA went away, thanks. I can't really pinpoint the cause though. I was also losing quality through the ENB mod so the tiles looked worse.

I turned down the settings and the noise and problems with AA went away, thanks. I can't really pinpoint the cause though. I was also losing quality through the ENB mod so the tiles looked worse.
I assume you mean FSX settings, as opposed to ENB/video (AA?) settings.... Maybe video was just at its limit?This game does have its weird occurances...Glad ya got it resolved.Loyd

Could try lowering your mipbias setting.IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)