Sign in to follow this  
Skybus2000

Sydney and Melbourne

Hi Does anyone know of any good Sceneries of Melbourne and Sydney Airport for FS9, I know orbx do them, but just for FSX, I have looked on Avsim and had a glance at the freewere versions, but was really looking for Payware quality.Thanks.

No, bad news for you (and the rest of us).The only available renditions of FS9 YSSY are:- VOZ freeware (available in the library)- CLS payware (my personal opinion: VOZ looks at least not worse)As for YMML there is no addon worth bothering.Let's hope things will change in future.

No, bad news for you (and the rest of us).The only available renditions of FS9 YSSY are:- VOZ freeware (available in the library)- CLS payware (my personal opinion: VOZ looks at least not worse)As for YMML there is no addon worth bothering.Let's hope things will change in future.
I have to agree about YSSY - the CLS payware scenery for YSSY is one of the few major airports that I have not purchased for FS9, as I felt, from the available screenshots, that it looked no better than the VOZ freeware which I already have. In saying that however, it does get good ratings on the FlightSim Pilot Shop site!With regard to YMML, I am also using the VOZ version and I would have to say that, for freeware, it is very good quality and far better than just using the default scenery. There are also some other non-VOZ YMML addons available also and I think I have used one of those in the past (cannot remember which one!) but it was not very good.Bill

I found a good YSSY scenery....But im not sure if they are alive, but the Flightsimworld.com forums for the scenery is quite alive.http://www.freewebs.com/ridz2018/Forumshttp://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=148218As for YMML, I am not sure.

The best YMML I've found is an older payware scenery from VirtualCol, the demo for which is in the Avsim library - look for ymmld_10.zip. I think it cost $7 for the full version. Certainly better than the default, anyway. I never bought the CLS Sydney airport, because I thought the VOZ version looked about as good.

John G.

The best YMML I've found is an older payware scenery from VirtualCol, the demo for which is in the Avsim library - look for ymmld_10.zip. I think it cost $7 for the full version. Certainly better than the default, anyway. I never bought the CLS Sydney airport, because I thought the VOZ version looked about as good.
Hi guysJust to support what I said earlier about the VOZ YMML scenery, here are some screenshots - OK it is not in the MegaAirport / FlyTampa / FSDT class but it really is pretty good for freeware, I think you will have to agree!Bill

I agree with what's said above. The VOZ version is the one I use, not bad at all in my opinion.I might be wrong but I remember the demo version of YMML 2006 having those "DEMO" signs around the airport... :(

I might be wrong but I remember the demo version of YMML 2006 having those "DEMO" signs around the airport... :(
That's right, and for $7 the developer will send the full version, sans signs. At least the thread starter can check out the demo and see if it's worth $7 to him...it was to me.

John G.

Thanks so much for all the suggestions,I will have a look at YMML Demo version and decide.I am very interested in the Flightworld one, does anyone one have an indication of when it will be released .Thanks again.