Sign in to follow this  
toby23

Geometric Shapes flashing through model

Dear Support,Sometimes I am getting opaque geometric shapes flashing through my field of vision in the PMDG JS41.I have registered the plane and this doesn't happy every time.Any ideas support?It's a pain to have to restart FSX every time this happens.Thanks,Toby

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10, Varjo Aero, DOF H3

Full names here please.You are seeing aritifacts due to something in the image processing. Unsure of your system, maybe you might have better luck with less panel resolution using the configuration manager that came with it. You won't notice dialing the VC resolution down a little.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,Thanks for your help but it's not what you think.I have a powerful system that runs the JS41 fine.I saw these flashing polygons before I registered and guessed it must be some kind of copy protection.I just don't understand why I should still be seeing it sometimes even after registering my product.Thanks for your ideas anyway,I look forward to hearing from PMDG about this.Toby

... I look forward to hearing from PMDG about this.Toby
They might pipe in, but if this were an issue where they needed to look up your order and reference you name, don't expect anyone from PMDG to take the needed time to copy your .001 font to something just to increase it large enough to make it readable. The rule is there for several reasons and one of which is to verify peoples copy, you can read more about the other reasons here.Don't think I'm jumping on your case here, because I'm not. Just offering advice to the quoted sentence above and how your current sig may effect that wish.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Sorry Dan but I don't understand you. What .001 font and what does that have to do with my problem?I am trying to sort out a problem I am having with this product.I purchased this product and was under the impression this was the support forum?With Regards,Toby RayfieldPMDG Order Nr. 144935FS2Crew Order Nr. 12757

Thanks for your help but it's not what you think.I have a powerful system that runs the JS41 fine.
If you search the forum you will see that this is a known problem, nothing to do with copy protection. Like Dan Downs suggested, try reducing your display settings a bit. I'd suggest trying "Normal Resolution Displays" in the JS41 config manager.

Toby, graphical issues most the times are solved by lowering the VC model to medium, and enabling anti aliasing. It removes bazel lines, shimmering etc. Those are known issues and PMDG is working on solution for them in upcoming SP2. Also those glitches have nothing to do with protection system, or at least I can't imagine how they could have...About signing post: You don't have to sign them, no one can force You to do it, but as long as it's forum rule here don't be surprised if You'll find Your posts ignored by others.

Thanks for your help people.I thought it was protection because it happened the first time I loaded the PMDG before registering but I was wrong.Anyway, I've set VC to medium and didn't see the lines this time but like I said, it doesn't happen every time.Roll on SP2.Thanks again,Toby

This problem occurs on my PC from time to time and it is a high-end system. There seems to be no pattern to it....it just happens sometimes. Normally, ending the flight and switching to another plane briefly will let me reload the JS 41 and all is well. There are also times that I have to restart FSX to "fix" it.Fortunately it doesn't happen very often and, so far, It occurs shortly after launch instead of well into the flight.Good luck

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Sorry Dan but I don't understand you. What .001 font and what does that have to do with my problem?
I don't want to argue here, but you know very well that you changed your sig and when I said the above, you had your name at the smallest possible font. I have had enough people play it off like this to the point I now take screenshots when I suspect they will do exactly that, they're on my home comp I can post prior to the change if you really want to play it that way.As for your problem, glad you got it sorted out.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Here's my take on the problem - When I try to create a new flight with the J41, I will get these artifacts most of the time. However, using a J41 saved flight that I have been using just about since I bough the plane, the problem NEVER occurs. One way I have found that gets rid of these artifacts most of the time, is to create a new J41 flight at a tiny, out of the way airport. Then, once it is loaded (hopefully without artifacts) I move the plane to whichever major airport I want. This method doesn't work all the time, however. My settings: HD Displays ONmedium external modelfull version VC

Noah Bryant

Thanks for your help people.I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this...Was starting to wonder if it's time to upgrade again! :)Dan Prunier, don't read so much into everything you see on forums! My previous signature was just a couple of dashes... :)No conspiracy, no small font, just a couple of dashes...All I wanted was some help.I completely understand your point about piracy which is why I added my Order nr. to my previous post.Thanks people, happy hunting,Toby

Golly Toby, is it asking too much to follow a simple rule? You want help and several of us offered it. We all have sigs because the forum wants it that way. You may not find help quite so easily in the future if you don't do a bit of "attitude adjustment"

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Signature updated with full name...

I was told time and again it was My System despite telling PMDG My mega system worked fine until I loaded the J41 and these shapes shoot at You from the horizon then finaly they said this:2. Try selecting the no-ice VC and external models in the config manager, the issue you're seeing with the "whitish planes" may be related to something we're fixing in SP2, but I doubt this is the same thing.Ryan MaziarzPMDG Technical Supportwww.precisionmanuals.comAnd mysteriously for some "unknown reason" It worked! I'm glad they fixed the problem with My system!

Asus P6T deluxe v.2 MB, i7 940 3.5ghz CPU, 6gb ddr3 1600 Ram, ,1K watt Antec PS, 300gb 10k rpm vraptor HDD, Windows 7pro 64, nvidea 470 GTX, Track IR4, Matrox TH2G w/21" displays, Saitek X52 pro hotas and yoke, CH pedels, Butt Kicker