Sign in to follow this  
jagsilverfox

Start locks... again!

Hi all! For some reason, when i try to hold the unfeather switch to left or right, it will not stay on any selected position. It will return to it's middle position (off) after about one second.That makes the task of unfeathering the props an impossible proposition. Any help will be appreciated. Tx, Al.

But You don't need to hold it that way, just switch it and wait few seconds.Cheers.biggrin.gifPS: We have some cool rule here wink.gif

But You don't need to hold it that way, just switch it and wait few seconds.Cheers.biggrin.gifPS: We have some cool rule here wink.gif
tried that, don't work and how the hell do i put a "signature"?

tried that, don't work and how the hell do i put a "signature"?
What you describe in your first post is how the switch is supposed to work (move back into the mid position after about one second). Do you have your power levers pulled all the way back when you use the switch?

Hi Al, thanks for adding signature! Are You sure that your props are not currently unfeathered? Here You'll find great tutorial on proper start-up procedure, You should also make sure to load Your J41 from default trike, or as I do it, by double clicking the saved flight file.

Oh, they are feathered for sure, power plants won't start. But i got the left prop unfeathered, finaly, but not the right one (?) and got the left power plant going. So; i'm suppose to unfeather one prop at a time or does selecting left and then right without waiting affects something? And yes, my throttles are at full reverse when i try to unfeather. And no i load a saved flight from st-marteen right after i start FSX. So you say i should load default fligfht and then my saved flight? I'll try that.Tx for all the quick help guys.Al.

Hi Al, thanks for adding signature! Are You sure that your props are not currently unfeathered? Here You'll find great tutorial on proper start-up procedure, You should also make sure to load Your J41 from default trike, or as I do it, by double clicking the saved flight file.[/qSorry Sir! I just saw your link. Tx It answers my questions!

Aaaaarrrgghhh! Don't work! Can't get the props to unfeather. I followed intructions to the letter. I mean, if can fly in real life, why can't i get the thing to work?Anybody else has the same problem? (so i feel less stupid)

Hey Al,here is what I do to avoid the need to use the unfeather switches. When the plane loads and I hear the engines spinning down, I put my throttles into reverse until the sound stops. This will give me the props in the right position.

Aaaaarrrgghhh! Don't work! Can't get the props to unfeather. I followed intructions to the letter. I mean, if can fly in real life, why can't i get the thing to work?
Are you loading the JS41 from a saved flight? If so, this may be worth a try:1) Load the default Trike at your departure airport and gate and shut it down2) Load the JS4100 from the menus ("Aircraft", "Select aircraft")3) Power up the plane4) Use your mouse to pull the power levers all the way back. Now try the unfeathering.

Be aware that once you have the blades flat (unfeathered) they won't stay there long unless they are on the locks. The hydraulic pressure used to move them to flat will drain off and the blades may feather again before you get the engine spun up. Therefore, if you have to use the pump then I suggest you work one side at a time.

Dan Downs KCRP

I see a few pilots here!Ok, so, the thing is, when i try to unfeather, nothing moves. I go to outside view and wait, and wait, and wait... nothing. beside that, if i use the cold and dark situation or whatever else, the plane works perfectly. It just peeves me that i can't do that simple procedure in case the power plants were not shut down properly (wich is the case for that saved flight).Anyway, i'll try the other tricks you guys wrote. Tx for all the quick answers.

Al, I feel your pain. With about 1500 hours in real a/c, all recips., I bought this sim thinking there couldn't be much difference between recips an turbo-props. Was I surprised, and not pleasantly. It took me about a week and plenty of hours to get the engines fired up (without catching fire:mad:). I refused to even taxi until I mastered that one thing.OThere are a couple of really good engine start checklists posted on this forum. The Pilot Tutorial and Pilot's Operating Manual are not linear enough for me.The best thing I've found for Cold and Dark is a LUA script on the FSUIPC support forum. You might give it a look.Good luck

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Al, I feel your pain. With about 1500 hours in real a/c, all recips., I bought this sim thinking there couldn't be much difference between recips an turbo-props. Was I surprised, and not pleasantly. It took me about a week and plenty of hours to get the engines fired up (without catching fire:mad:). I refused to even taxi until I mastered that one thing.OThere are a couple of really good engine start checklists posted on this forum. The Pilot Tutorial and Pilot's Operating Manual are not linear enough for me.The best thing I've found for Cold and Dark is a LUA script on the FSUIPC support forum. You might give it a look.Good luck
Yeah, but all i ever did in the Air Force was turbine! But guess what: i found out i have this problem only with my St-Marteen saved flight! I tried the PMDG cold and dark situation and i can feather and unfeather at will!?!?! So, i guess i will dump my st-Marteen flight and start from scratch and see what happen. So i was doing it right after all!What a strrange bug...Tx again every one for your kind (and fast!) help!

I have been following this thread and one of the first things I thought of was a corrupt saved flight but also am not as familiar as the others are on this particular bird and thought it must be something else, Oh well glad you got it resolved and yes, complex aircraft saved flights get corrupt easily, but mainly when they are set as your saved default flight (never do that,,, ever :().Glad you found the problem Al.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier