Sign in to follow this  
Guest simsm

Technical Problem RC/FSX

Guest simsm

I'm running RC4.3 and FSX on W7 Home Premium 64-bit.I installed RC4 yesterday, and ran it just fine for one flight.Then I went to run it again today, and the RC window does not display in FSX. I've changed all the options I can find in RC FSX and FSUIPC, loaded things in different orders, and generally tried everything I can think of, to no avail.Erm, help?Thanks,Mat

I'm running RC4.3 and FSX on W7 Home Premium 64-bit.I installed RC4 yesterday, and ran it just fine for one flight.Then I went to run it again today, and the RC window does not display in FSX. I've changed all the options I can find in RC FSX and FSUIPC, loaded things in different orders, and generally tried everything I can think of, to no avail.Erm, help?Thanks,Mat
Hey Mat have seen this kind of issue before. First thing, check to make sure FSUIPC has your location located properly. When you start FSX and then start RC does RC change your start location, I mean are you at the same point where FSX started? If this does not fix the issue. Start FSX again go to the default location SEA and a Cessna 172 then change to your plane of choice, check FSUIPC options and make sure they are all OK, move your plane back to the location you want and then start RC, if everything is fine you should be able to have the RC menu on your plane. Pete Dowson and i have exchanged text about this problem, but he has not seen it before and for some reason can't duplicate the issue. Post here your results, if the problem persist let us know and will discuss further with Pete, I am sure it is a FSUIPC issue. When it has occurred on my system FSUIPC does not have my plane profile loaded, which it should. BTW, are using FSUIPC axis for your flight controls?Hope this helpsBob

Guest simsm

Hi Bob,From what you've said it does sound like it's FSUIPC.When I start RC (after FSX) the sim moves the aircraft to another location, in this case the centre of the runway, and pauses. When it is un-paused, it throws (the only way I can describe it) the aircraft up in the air and crashes back to earth; which is not a good thing - if you were a passenger I think you'd want your money back!What I don't know is what to do about it - I'm new to FSUIPC and RC, so I need some instructions of how to fix this. It's worth saying that I don't have a registered copy of FSUIPC, it's only installed so I can use RC.Thanks,Mat

Hey Mat have seen this kind of issue before. First thing, check to make sure FSUIPC has your location located properly. When you start FSX and then start RC does RC change your start location, I mean are you at the same point where FSX started? If this does not fix the issue. Start FSX again go to the default location SEA and a Cessna 172 then change to your plane of choice, check FSUIPC options and make sure they are all OK, move your plane back to the location you want and then start RC, if everything is fine you should be able to have the RC menu on your plane. Pete Dowson and i have exchanged text about this problem, but he has not seen it before and for some reason can't duplicate the issue. Post here your results, if the problem persist let us know and will discuss further with Pete, I am sure it is a FSUIPC issue. When it has occurred on my system FSUIPC does not have my plane profile loaded, which it should. BTW, are using FSUIPC axis for your flight controls?Hope this helpsBob

A couple of suggestions:First run this registry checker "FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool (36KB)" free from:http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=libraryto insure your path is recognised. You'll have to run it set as an admin.Next in your modules directory for FSX be sure you FSUIPC.dll version is at FSUIPC4 4.60 by right clicking on it and checking properties then version. If you need to update it (a fresh RC install has a placed a much older version) you can download it from:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html You unzip the .exe installer and it will use the path in the registry for FSX that you just checked. If asks if it is OK to install as admin say yes.Next, go into your FSX folder. Right click on makerwys.exe and check the version. If it is not at 4.41 get it from the FS9 section of http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html as it works for both versions.Be sure you have RC started from a shortcut with the advanced properties set to run it as admin. Start RC and select to rebuild the database. The newer makerwys version takes care of some scenery priority issues to insure the RC database data is correct. (A "moved" airport can display the issues you describe.) Be sure you entered the correct path for FSX when requested during the scenery rebuild. If you are also an FS9 user you will require RC to be installed in two folders, one for each FS version so the database gets built correctly for each version. Make sure you are running the correct RC for FSX if this is the case.We have had a couple of instances where a user had one airport in the flight plan sent to RC but loaded an FS flight from another location. The plane was moved. Again, the same thing can happen if your RC data does not match your scenery data.See if anything helps here.

Hi Bob,From what you've said it does sound like it's FSUIPC.When I start RC (after FSX) the sim moves the aircraft to another location, in this case the centre of the runway, and pauses. When it is un-paused, it throws (the only way I can describe it) the aircraft up in the air and crashes back to earth; which is not a good thing - if you were a passenger I think you'd want your money back!What I don't know is what to do about it - I'm new to FSUIPC and RC, so I need some instructions of how to fix this. It's worth saying that I don't have a registered copy of FSUIPC, it's only installed so I can use RC.Thanks,Mat

Guest simsm

Thanks guys for your ideas so far.I've tried everything suggested and the 'moving' of the aircraft when I start RC is still happening. I've also tried starting RC with different flight plans at different airports (making sure they match teh plan in FSX) and it doesn't seem to matter. It does seem as though there is a difference between where the aircraft is in FSX and where RC thinks it is, which I still think logically has to be to do with FSUIPC, but I'm still no closer to solving the problem sadly...Mat

One last check for scenery currency. Go into your RC4\data folder. Check the properties for r4.csv and a4.csv to insure they were updated the last time you ran the scenery rebuild.Also, be sure to check running an FSX default aircraft and just RC running with no other active add-ons at a default scenery airport. After testing go into you modules folder and check in notepad fsuipc.log to see what applications are using it.While not directly related the option IFR training in RC should be off. In your modules folder if advdisplay.dll is present rename the extension to .dlh. That is no longer used.Do not use any moving map, traffic (like UT2), or weather applications for these tests. Make sure any on-line interfaces (like for VATSIM) are off. FSUIPC4 is a programmer's interface to FSX SimConnect and we are looking for interference from something. Some applications can set a conflict in FSUIPC.ini. If you rename it totally different I think it will be rebuilt the next time it is run. Be sure your original is not destroyed. If it does not rebuild it reinstall your downloaded version again.Another useful technique is when this occurs to alt-tab through different windows to see if any covered up error messages are present.

Guest simsm

Hi Again - I've been busy with 'real world' stuff the last couple of days, so have just tried out the suggestions in the last post.1 - yes r4.csv and a4.csv seem to have been updated at the same time I ran a rebuild. Just ran again to make sure and yes, updated.2 - the problem seems to occur no matter what aircraft is running. Have tried both FSX default and other aircraft and no difference seems to occur.3 - advdisplay.dll was not present4 - no other addons are running (there actually aren't any other things installed apart from MyTraffic, which if I'm correct doesn't use FSUIPC?) No on-line interfaces running either.5 - yes, fsuipc.ini does rebuild if it is not present (or has been renamed), but no this hasn't made any difference.So still no luck unfortunately:Cry:It does seem weird that it worked once and not again after that, but I suppose computers in general can be fickle beasts from time to time!Mat

At this point I think you'll have to send a log to jd. See the thread at the forum top.Load your flight in FS parked. Start RC and click Debug. Load your plan and set your controller options if need be. Go back to FS and ready your parked aircraft. Go back to RC and START it. It will take a few seconds for the RC window to pop-up.If the complications occur if you can alt-tab back to RC quit it to save its log.Go into you rc4 folder and make sure rc4.log is current date and time and not empty. Rename rc4.log to something.log so it will not get overwritten. Zip it up and send it per the instructions in the pinned thread attached to an e-mail describing the symptoms.It is strange that you never see the RC menu pop-up. FSUIPC provides the RC Window. BTW, RC will not accept commands unless an FS panel has the focus, not the RC window.You are welcome to also check in your modules folder fsuipc.log for any clues. See if RC registered itself OK. (I think that entry should be in there.)If RC did successfully create and save a current rc4.log in the rc4 folder, you can also review that for any clues.

Guest simsm

Log and email duly sen tto JD, I'll let you all know if and when we find a solution.Thanks again, Mat