Sign in to follow this  
Nandan Patel

Acitve Sky v6 cloud textures

Does active sky v6 have it's own cloud textures or does it just work with the FS9 cloud textures to make it look better. If so are the REX or AS6 or REX textures better for clouds? I believe the REX ones you can only set one style per time (eg one texture for cumulus and one for sirrus etc) for the clouds while AS6 it changes according to the sky conditions...might be wrong.Is this true? Then how do you use AS6 textures-since it has better weather engine, i've read it does, and can put different sorts of clouds for each condition (or does it, not too sure, need to know by you guys) while still having REX installed for other textures. Do I just update my textures with REX and close it, then open up AS6 when I go to fly? Will it use AS6 textures (if it has any and if they're better) or REX textures for the clouds and for weather...Would like to know, sorry if my post sounds confusing...Thanks

Hi,Thanks for your interest in ASv6!Yes, it does have its own textures. Remember, that once FS is started, no textures can be changed that will show up in that FS session.No, all any program does is change the default FS textures. Nothing adds new types of clouds into FS. You can mix REX textures and AS textues as you have described.

Hi,Thanks for your interest in ASv6!Yes, it does have its own textures. Remember, that once FS is started, no textures can be changed that will show up in that FS session.No, all any program does is change the default FS textures. Nothing adds new types of clouds into FS. You can mix REX textures and AS textues as you have described.
Oh, ok thx. AS6 clouds look better than REX clouds many have described so how will I be able to make AS6 clouds appear in my sim not REX ones, cause i'm pretty sure you can't not install cloud textures, that is, it seems that you must install cloud textures with REX. Any way to not install these REX textures?

Hi,REX should have an Options screen where the user should be able to pick which textures to install and which not to install. I don't have REX so I can't tell you any more.

Double post.
Hey, um, to use AS clouds with REX, this is what i've done: Install REX textures, then install AS textures afterwards to overwrite the REX sky textures. Anyone done this also? Any other way to do it. When I fly, i'm not sure which clouds i'm seeing, are they from REX or AS that's why.Thx

When I fly, i'm not sure which clouds i'm seeing, are they from REX or AS that's why.Thx
HelloYou will see the last set of textures you installed,they have the same names and just overwrite each other

This thread brings another question to mind concerning overcast textures. I currently use REX textures for sky and water along with ASv6 for my weather engine. When the ASv6 server tells FS9 that the outside weather conditions are overcast, cloudy and rainy, the resulting overcast texture color I get is decidely blueish in nature and not the grey color I see while looking out my window. Does any one know the file(s) in the main texture folder that produce the overcast textures? If I knew, I could go back to the default overcast textures and have the sky look a normal grey instead of having a blueish tint.Thx

This thread brings another question to mind concerning overcast textures. I currently use REX textures for sky and water along with ASv6 for my weather engine. When the ASv6 server tells FS9 that the outside weather conditions are overcast, cloudy and rainy, the resulting overcast texture color I get is decidely blueish in nature and not the grey color I see while looking out my window. Does any one know the file(s) in the main texture folder that produce the overcast textures? If I knew, I could go back to the default overcast textures and have the sky look a normal grey instead of having a blueish tint.Thx
Think that's just a REX issue, cause you can only set one type of sky theme, so what ever the weather, maybe REX makes it only show that sky theme. Maybe you could install the AS textures (from "active sky graphics") after you install REX textures. That way AS controls sky conditions while REX could control other things...I might be wrong, but i did that. Still gotta test it though, in a few hours or tomorrow.