Sign in to follow this  
macroth

CTD after clicking the wx radar panel

I just bought a copy of the new button control version and got serious problems. The installation ended without problems, I also saved my configuration with the config manager as mentioned in the manual (I checked the panel.cfg file, also all well here). After starting a free flight with all systems running, I tried to click the wx radar as described. After clicking, my FSX immediately crashes to desktop. I tried this many times on different airports, I also lowerded my details in FSX without any difference. My fps are very good before it crashes, so this can't be the cause. Ans ideas what this could cause?

I just bought a copy of the new button control version and got serious problems. The installation ended without problems, I also saved my configuration with the config manager as mentioned in the manual (I checked the panel.cfg file, also all well here). After starting a free flight with all systems running, I tried to click the wx radar as described. After clicking, my FSX immediately crashes to desktop. I tried this many times on different airports, I also lowerded my details in FSX without any difference. My fps are very good before it crashes, so this can't be the cause. Ans ideas what this could cause?
Hi,I don't know. CTDs can have a 1000 different causes.Try running "Event Viewer" to see if you can get a file name associated with the CTD.Try this to start 'clean'.1. Re-install the PMDG J41 and FS2Crew.2. Delete your FSX.CFG (it will auto-rebuild when you load FSX).Cheers,

1. Re-install the PMDG J41 and FS2Crew.
Thank's Bryan! I did the first step without a difference. Still got the ctd's. I will try with a clean fsx.cfg this evening.i don't know the techical details, how the fs2crew works, but may the problems be sound hardwrae related? I use a creative PCI-E Soundcard ( not the onboard card) and had sometimes little problems with it (no sound after changing the view...)

i don't know the techical details, how the fs2crew works, but may the problems be sound hardwrae related? I use a creative PCI-E Soundcard ( not the onboard card) and had sometimes little problems with it (no sound after changing the view...)
Hello Kai,I beta tested the software on a system with a Creative PCI-E sound card without any problems, so I doubt this by itself is your problem.

Hmmm, now it seems getting difficult. I tried all "easy" things. Reinstalled J41 and FS2CREW, deleted fsx.cfg. Still the same results, I get a ctd after clicking the wx radar....Any suggestions on this? I can take out my sound card, but I don't think it will solve this... :(

Hmmm, now it seems getting difficult. I tried all "easy" things. Reinstalled J41 and FS2CREW, deleted fsx.cfg. Still the same results, I get a ctd after clicking the wx radar....Any suggestions on this? I can take out my sound card, but I don't think it will solve this... :(
Hi,It's highly unlikely the sound card itself is the problem.Try the other usual thing:1. Update all your Video and Audio Drivers. That often cures problems like this.Other thing:I need that "Event Viewer" report.If you're not sure how to access it, email me and we'll do a Remote Desktop session.Cheers,

Thank's Bryan,I checked my eventlog. The moment it crashes, I get following error (It is in German, hope it help's you anyway):Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: fsx.exe, Version: 10.0.61637.0, Zeitstempel: 0x46fadb14Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ntdll.dll, Version: 6.1.7600.16559, Zeitstempel: 0x4ba9b29cAusnahmecode: 0xc0000005Fehleroffset: 0x000672ddID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x434Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01cb5ed53294851bPfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\FSX\fsx.exePfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dllBerichtskennung: 24680de3-caca-11df-956c-00241dd3b9f1I pulled out the soundcard and as espected, it doesn't fix it. I will update the Ati drivers this evening (currently using 10.4 newest is 10.9)

Thank's Bryan,I checked my eventlog. The moment it crashes, I get following error (It is in German, hope it help's you anyway):Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: fsx.exe, Version: 10.0.61637.0, Zeitstempel: 0x46fadb14Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ntdll.dll, Version: 6.1.7600.16559, Zeitstempel: 0x4ba9b29cAusnahmecode: 0xc0000005Fehleroffset: 0x000672ddID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x434Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01cb5ed53294851bPfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\FSX\fsx.exePfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dllBerichtskennung: 24680de3-caca-11df-956c-00241dd3b9f1I pulled out the soundcard and as espected, it doesn't fix it. I will update the Ati drivers this evening (currently using 10.4 newest is 10.9)
Hi,This is the key part:Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: fsx.exe, Version: 10.0.61637.0, Zeitstempel: 0x46fadb14Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ntdll.dll, Version: 6.1.7600.16559, Zeitstempel: 0x4ba9b29cNTDLL is as far as I know a core systems file. It could be corrupt.Can you try replacing it?Also do a google search using the term "FSX NTDLL.DLL".You'll find some other ideas there. It might be a good idea just to do a fresh install of your OS in case you have some nasty virus or spyware on there that's causing probs.Also see this:http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/a/ntdlldll.htmCheers,

Hi Bryan,I'm a bit confused at this moment. I tried several things yesterday, but couldn't find a replacement ntdll.dll. I'm not sure at all, if it is really corrupted, reading some problems of other people with similar message in the events, the problem wasn't the file itself. I updated all my OS drivers to the newest available, lowerded my settings in FSX and graphics and so on, always with the same ctd right after clicking the radar. Maybe a new FSX installation will solve the problem, but I really want to do this only if nothing else works. A new installation of my OS is definitive not an option for me, since everything else works perfect (even in FSX). If it doesn't work with a new FSX installation or something else, I have to give up.But today I will try it again....

Hi all,after a few days of testing and the installation of some addons, it still runs without problems. I also think some stupid OS problems caused my ctd.Thank's Bryan for your great and quick support! :(

I'm having this same issue. I've tried deleting the fsx.cfg and reinstalling both the J41 and FS2Crew. My event viewer report is as follows:Log Name: ApplicationSource: Application ErrorDate: 10/23/2010 3:45:29 PMEvent ID: 1000Task Category: (100)Level: ErrorKeywords: ClassicUser: N/AComputer: Sean-PCDescription:Faulting application fsx.exe, version 10.0.61637.0, time stamp 0x46fadb14, faulting module FS2AUDIO.dll, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4bb01ad3, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0003ba97, process id 0x%9, application start time 0x%10.Notice that FS2AUDIO.dll is the faulting module, not a system file like in macroth's case. Any help would be appreciated. My audio drivers are up to date. I will try updating my video drivers later today or tomorrow.

Hi Sean!I found the cause for my problems a short time ago. A audio tool called "Tunebite" was the cause of my problems. This tool installs virtual audio drivers, visible in the Windows device manager. When I disable these drivers, the problem is gone and FS2CREW runs without problems again. Mabe you have a similar problem or tool installed. Check your audio drivers.

I just tried that. There were some ATI HD Audio drivers installed. Even after disabling and uninstalling these, I'm still having no luck. My audio and video drivers are now completely up to date. Thanks for the suggestion, when I saw those ATI drivers, I was sure that was the issue...