Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Poll: vote here for the next release

Guest Nathan Palmer

Soon the MSFS team will start looking at creating the next version of FS. Now is the time to start suggesting ideas that as a simmer you feel would add to the next version.Please do not make this a patch thread or grip about problems about the current version...we have enough of those threads in this forum. Instead look at what the MS FS team tried and did give us in CoF and think of things that would add or could be improved in the next version.There are a few items that I feel should be voted on prior to mentions of what you would like to see in the next version. Please take the time to post your thoughts on these items then list any ideas for the next version.Here they are:1) List six US airports and 4 International ones that you feel should be done in High detail on the next version.2) Would you like to see MS bring back the static we had in FS2000 when listening to ATIS and at the edge of recieving the signal and have that used on both ATIS and when talking to controllers?3) Do you feel MS should allow for marshallers for parking on the next version?4) Do you feel that MS should allow the user to order fuel on the unicom channel as an option on the ATC prompt which would bring up the fuel window and you could fill in what you want for fuel followed by a fuel truck to pull up to the plane and add the fuel?5) Do you think there should be Pilot Controlled Lighting at the fields that have it?6) Would you like to see when a VFR flight Plan is filed (using the flight planner) allow for the ability to open and close your flight plan on a FSS freq.?7) Would you like FS to have separate volume controls for comm. 1 and 2 radios?Now list any additional items that you would like to see in the next version.NP

"1) List six US airports and 4 International ones that you feel should be done in High detail on the next version."...or better still, six International and 4 US airports ;)Mike (Scotland, UK)

Guest 747drvr

KRNO AND YES TO ALL THE OTHERS. Also would like to see Rome and Berlin and Rio De Janero for int airports.

Guest Nathan Palmer

The only reason why I said that was because on average thats how they've been doing high detailed airports.NP

Guest Brent Hebert

1. The complete Boeing line of aircraft. B717, 727, 737, 747, 757, 767, 777.Brent Hebert

Yes to all! Especially 2 and 5, I miss the static! They need to remove the tone when keying over someone, what you hear nothing.I would like to see better Boeing panels. I think the GA panels are pretty good for default, but the Boeing panels are really poor.Personally, I think three Boeings are fine. I would rather see the following added:1. Airbus2. Commuters (e.g, ATR, Dash-8)3. Citation X (or Gulfstream)4. DC-10I know, I know, we have add-on for this kind of stuff, but I do fly the default planes, especially when the add-ons aren't very good or they have irritating bugs, like capturing the ILS or other freaky occurrences.Chris

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest Fortress

Ha! You read my mind Mike!Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[p]AMD XP2800+ Barton, Gigabyte GA-7NNXP nForce2, 1Gig Crucial PC3200 DDR 400MHz, Gainward 128 MB GF4-4200, SB Audigy, 3 x WD Caviar SE[/p]

Clouds look great, and keep working on them some more too. Clouds, haze and ground color in any given scenerio change. Seeing that todays graphics abilities are awesome to begin with, by then things should improve yet more giving the opportunity to tweak the weather engine even more. Perhaps cloud shadows on ground (or a darker colour ground/water for overcast etc) and more cloud types, Random cloud patterns, and possibly lightning that is "within" the cumulonimbus that "light up" the cloud (as seen flying @ FL330 toward the tops of the storms)and not so much see the actual lightning bolts. Thunderstorms with more defined anvils depending on strength, height, etc.Kind of detailed there, but the more realistic the atmostphere around us, the more real it gets!

Guest Nathan Palmer

US airports I would like to see in high detail would be:KBOSKBWIKIAHKMEMKMSPKMCInot sure on internationals.Yes to all questions 1-7andAI improvement suggestions:1) Ability to fly non-direct routes. Benefits would allow for simmers to create

First and most important many, many more enhanced airports.All major Intl airports should be enhanced. These are just a few.CYYZKBOSKMSPEGKKMany more default aircraft, with improved models and textures complete with a texture painting program with templates to paint those default aircraft.AirbusDash 8Beech 1900DC-10Even a couple of fighter jets Improved clickable VC's and a FMC for those commercial jets.Improve the Tower view capabilities. Be able to set our favorite tower view at any given airport.Fuel planner if there isn't one already. :-)CheersSteve

I would like the Cessna 172 to behave and fly like a real cessna...I am taking flying Lessons... And there are some important Characteristics..that these sims do not have..1. When I take off and climb (everything else remaining constant).. the Plane should roll to the left.. because of the Prop going Clockwise... This requires a jab at the Rt Rudder Pedal to keep it in level on the runway and while climbing...2. The Opposite is true.. when you are descending..the aircraft tends to roll right..and you need to press the left Rudder Pedal to keep it straight.3. Ground Effect... When the aircraft is about 20 ft above the run way..while Landing... The Ground Effect reducs friction and Drag...and the plane tends to speed up.. Adjustment needs to be made in real life..4. In the afternoon in summer heat.. their is turbulance that makes the planes bob ..up and down...5. One should be able to Spin the aircraft..and be able to recover from the Spin.These are some basic things one would expect from a sim.Its a bloody shame..that the cessna 172 and similar aircrafts just don't fly the way they are supposed to.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I want ice on water that should have ice on it in the winter. Tone down the brightness of the lights on the aircraft from spot view.Detailed airports - Maybe do one main airport on each continent to be fair to all.Passengers to appear in the cockpits as you add passenger weight.Simple drag and drop program included to make scenery using auto-gen buildings/objects.Make it run WELL on medium 2-3 gig machines. Not for machines that don't exist at presentation time.Don

Take 2-1/2 years until next release. I feel FS 2004 shows it was a little "rushed" this time around. Then...Go back to 2 versions. Target the "professional" version as a commercial product that is targeted to be more than "just a game".Target the "standard" version to be a great sim for the more casual user who doesn't care about things like "sid's & star's, etc., and the more complex things of flying. This would be a mostly "eye candy" sim designed to please the masses.Target the professional version for the more sophisticated flyer, and package it in a DVD form only. Not only would this version include the complex flying flying operations (as described by others in this thread), but a wide assortment of improved mesh, and other photo-real scenery. It would be a product for the flying professional, and others who see themselves as of this type. It would also include a stand-alone copy of the standard version.There would be a much wider separation of functionality than was exhibited before in multiple versions. While the "professional" version would be considerably more expensive than the standard version, it would include value by being a "one-stop shop" package that is all debugged and ready to install, and may include some integrated and licensed 3rd party programs such as FS Nav, etc. Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card