Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Poll: vote here for the next release

Guest OneTinSoldier

Improve(ha!) exit runway speeds of AI Aircraft so they get the h-e-double-toothpicks outta my way and so I don't get a landing canceled go around from ATC!Jim

Guest artl

I would give up all of the above for just the following:1. Continued improvement in the realism of ATC. (and debugged from things like the endless loops of A/c requesting BRAVO airspace transitions, etc. or warning the a/c at 9000 ft about the traffic at 2000.)2. A much more comprehensive flight analysis: fuel used relative to optimal "fuel-should-have-used", vertical and horizontal velocity at touchdown relative to optimal, scoring of the deviations from optimum course and altitude and glideslope, etc. Scoring of errors in use of landing lights, mixture control (over-leaning), prop control (over-torqueing), use of deicing equipment, etc., etc.I would like to be able to refly routes to better my performance, but it is currently hard to tell how good my performance really was, relative to optimum....

Guest Marvel

Manny I think FS2004 aircraft is capable of spining already, I tried that with the Extra300 and it appeared to spin.wonder no one ever mentioned this, but won't it be nice to have a complete fluid movement of gauges? (reality XP or X-plane) That would make flying instrument much more meaningful.

Guest daveg4otu

I would like to see some military aircraft - maybe 5 or six - a couple of transport types(C-130.C-17)couple of fighters(F-14,F-18)and maybe a bomber(B-52) trainer( Bae Hawk) .Possibly a couple of older types such as the F-86 or Hunter.It would be nice to have 2 or 3 good quality default aircraft carriers.I know there were some in FS2k2 but the quality wasn't to great,the Arrcab carriers were infinitely better.Haven't actually found any yet in FS9.An improvement in the water effects would be nice.The water in FS9 seems almost to be a step back rather than forwards- I'm sure MS can do better.Likewise the wake effects don't look so good to me.Lastly ,as ever we all want better and better scenery .I think perhaps the main effort should be directed at improving the scenery as much as possible whilst not increasing the system demands to unreasonable levels.This,I realise ,is a difficult task given that the hardware is constantly evolving and users' ideas of what is an average system change almost weekly.But,bearing in mind that FS is aimed at a mass market,it would surely be to MS' advantage to try to bring improved quality scenery to as many as possible.Dave

To add to the already great ideas:I'd like to see a more "alive" environment. More smoke from factories, farmers fields, steam from reactors, birds in the air (where I live at this time of year this has been more of a worry than other aircraft-bird avoidance occurs several times a flight), cars moving on roads (I always judge my groundspeed by this and also enjoy looking at all the unhappy motorists being tied up while I whisk by).Some might consider it "eye candy" but I think it would enhance the immersion of really being there.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/Geofdog2.jpg

Hello NP!Here's my input!6 detailed US Airports:1. Orlando KMCO2. LaGuardia KLGA3. Boston KBOS4. Minneapolis KMSP5. San Diego KSAN6. Houston KIAH6 detailed Intl. Airports:1. San Juan TJSJ (Although this one could be considered US)2. Gatwick EGKK3. Madrid LEMD4. Guarulhos Intl., Sao Paulo, Brazil SBGR5. Santiago, Chile SCEL6. Mexico City MMMXNew additional features I would like to see:1. Parking lighting system to properly guide aircraft to gates.2. Better separation for AI aircraft to avoid the missed approaches.3. SID's and STAR's included in the database for flight planning.4. More legible colors in the ATC text window.5. Faster AI / ATC instructions. Currently there's too much lag time before ATC clears anyone to do anything after an aircraft takes off and lands. For example, it would be nice if ATC would instruct me to taxi to the active and hold while the aircraft ahead of me is already rolling down the runway for T/O.6. Have ATC assign runways according to traffic flows. For example, if I'm arriving from the west, have me land on runway 18R, while Eastbound traffic lands on 18L. This should alleviate some of the current traffic pile-ups.7. A CO-PILOT FUNCTION!!!!!!!!!!! We need a co-pilot that could fly our aircraft on those long intl. flights while we sleep. With this function, our flight plan would not have to be cancelled if we do not follow ATC's instructions.8. Weather delays. If the airport is currently under bad weather, have ATC hold operations untilt the weather moves or re-route aircraft around bad weather.9. A TCAS system in the cockpit.10. Better FPS performance by maximizing efficiency of processes and textures.That's it for now!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

>Soon the MSFS team will start looking at creating the next>version of FS. Now is the time to start suggesting ideas that>as a simmer you feel would add to the next version.>>Please do not make this a patch thread or grip about problems>about the current version...we have enough of those threads in>this forum. Instead look at what the MS FS team tried and did>give us in CoF and think of things that would add or could be>improved in the next version.>>There are a few items that I feel should be voted on prior to>mentions of what you would like to see in the next version. >Please take the time to post your thoughts on these items then>list any ideas for the next version.>>Here they are:>>1) List six US airports and 4 International ones that you feel>should be done in High detail on the next version. Washington Dulles (KIAD)>>2) Would you like to see MS bring back the static we had in>FS2000 when listening to ATIS and at the edge of recieving the>signal and have that used on both ATIS and when talking to>controllers?>>3) Do you feel MS should allow for marshallers for parking on>the next version?>>4) Do you feel that MS should allow the user to order fuel on>the unicom channel as an option on the ATC prompt which would>bring up the fuel window and you could fill in what you want>for fuel followed by a fuel truck to pull up to the plane and>add the fuel? Yes>>5) Do you think there should be Pilot Controlled Lighting at>the fields that have it?>>6) Would you like to see when a VFR flight Plan is filed>(using the flight planner) allow for the ability to open and>close your flight plan on a FSS freq.?>>7) Would you like FS to have separate volume controls for>comm. 1 and 2 radios?>>Now list any additional items that you would like to see in>the next version.>>NPIn the ATC arena:* Vectoring direct to navaids/intersections* Flow control with speed up/down commands* ATC vectors to approach course commensurate with aircraft type (FS9 ALWAYS vectors you to the IAF around 60 NM out. In a Cessna and a 100 NM flight this happens a few minutes after takeoff)

Guest Nathan Palmer

Mircosoft has stated in an interview that they read these forums and in the same interview state how after about a month after a release state working on the next version. CoF was a release that offered many users request. Folks now is your chance to state what you would like to see in the next version. Theres about 5000 subscribers to this forum and yet I only see about 15 posted replies so far. Sure would be nice to see this thread grow.NP

Guest waltch

For detailed airports (non US) I would like to see:MadridMoscowZurichStockholmJohannesburgDubaiSingaporeBangkokSao PauloBuenos AiresAnd the following would be very important: ..if Microsoft is going to change again the system for the representation of gates/parkings/taxiways (and the upcoming new AFCAD-tool of Lee Swordy is again not compatible to FS2004)...Then why not include a good utility within FS2006 that allows users to add/manipulate/assign taxiways, gates and parkings in a very easy way within the program?Walter

Some very good suggestions here :)One feature I really would like to see implemented is regional accents with the ATC voices. Nothing kills the immersion more than being vectored into Heathrow or Sydney and the controller has an American accent!I know people will say it's impossible to have varied accents for various reasons but consider this:Proflight 2000 had several dozen voices in many different accents (IIRC as well as American they had British, French, German, Australian, Asian, Indian, Spanish) and it all fitted onto 1 CD.By the time FS2006 comes along I expect DVD will be the preferred media to distribute this sort of software on. Given the large capacity of DVD I think it will be entirely feasible to have many different accents in the next version of FS.Imagine this: You are tuned into YSSY tower, the controller has an Aussie accent as do all the AI Qantas flights. A British Airways 744 comes along with a British accent, JAL with an Asian accent, or United with an American accent. This *IS* possible, because Proflight was doing it back in the days of FS2000!

Guest PAtom

1. eddl and tempelhof2-7 no, yes, yes, ?, yes, yes8. support for more than "four engine" aircrafts9. release sdk

I would really like to see an effort towards voice recognition for communications and an FMC in the big birds would be nice. I have a hard time picturing a 777 pilot grabbing his Garmin Handheld GPS for any navigational aid ;-)This version of the sim is fantastic and I will have many hours of quality flight simming as soon as ATI releases drivers that do not lock my machine up after 30 seconds of flight :-(Windows XP:Intel P875PBZ M-Board 2.5GHz CPU with HP1G Dual Channel RAMRadeon 9700 ProCheers,MAK

Guest ssurjap

I'd like to see them add Ramp/Gate numbers or a marshaller like someone else has posted.I'd also like them to add the CRJ.

Need a good Trainer aircraft..like a Cessna 172 with charecteristics that they teach you at flt school...To the ones I had listed earlier...about Ground Effect etc...The natural tendency for the plane to roll left as you climb/throttleup and role right as you descend/reduce throttle..Here is an important charecterisitc that is missing. I would like to have..the Charecteristic of riding the power curve. As I am landing.. and I have to nose up..I need to increase throttle to REDUCE speed..Thats right.. It has to reduce Speed as I increase my throttle.. I do not see this with any of the Flgight sim single engine aircrafts.. Neither do I see this on the Flight1 Cessna 152.Would like to see this in the next release if possible.Aside: IF any one is aware of a Third Party Trainer that does all these..please let me know.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter