Sign in to follow this  

FS2004 Panel & gauge sharpness?

Hi,Today I finally installed FS2004 and began he process of transfering aircrafts etc from FS2002 to FS2004. When I fired up the PMDG736 it looked like the panel shapness was much less than in FS2002. I took a picture in both FS2002 and FS2004 and I was right (see below).Probably it is a setting, but I don't know which one.Anyone has an suggestion?Egbert Drenth- Running Win XP/Pro GF4-Ti4600 with 30.82 drivers- Applied the "Display.Device.NVIDIA Drivers on Win2K/XP" patch- In RivaTuner : LOD -0.8 / Anisotropy 'Force level 4' / AA = Force 'none' / - In FS2004 : No AA / Filtering Trilineair / Mip Mapping 6http://www.scandva.org/upload/fs2004.jpg

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest flightpro08

The VC gauges in FS2k4 are indeed less sharp than they were in FS2k2. Developers like Dreamfleet have explained that incrasing the resolutions on these guages causes a "major FPS hit". Perhaps this is just another new feature in FS2k4. Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)Help Fight Cancer! www.ud.comhttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 44.03 Drivers)1GB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*-----------------------------Click Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

These are the 2D gauges...Also I'm running 1280*1024, so they should be clear.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Egbert,glad you have FS2004 now!!This is "feature"? of FS2004....undock your gauge and compare: they are sharp again...Hope this helps!

Hi Jean-Luc,>> Hope this helps! <

>I won't fly with undocked panels. Good point. I don't think it was a sensible suggestion. Undocking means screwing up the panel layout, ripping the panel apart, correct ?I am curious if someone else can shed some light on this problem. If this is somehow tied to the FS2004 (a "feature" ??) - I would have second thoughts of using this version either.Michael J.

Guest DonaldS

>undock your gauge and compare: they are sharp again...Hi:How does one "undock the guages". (I'll bet you never imagined that you'd be asked a flight sim question by one of the top 10 dumb people of the world.)Regrards,Don S

Guest JeanLuc_

Michael, Egbert, thank you! I suggested you undock TO COMPARE, not to flame me.So here is more: when you undock any gauge in a popup window, it will be displayed as before in FS2002, i.e. "sharp". When not undocked, it is "blurry". "Feature" was referencing either a "bug" or a "real FS2004 enhancement" (per MSFT enhancement list for FS2004 as compared to FS2002).Hope this helps, still!

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Don,right click on a popup window, select undock in the menu.

Hi Jean-Luc,>> I suggested you undock TO COMPARE, not to flame me <> Hope this helps, still! <

>...not to flame me.Jean-Luc, flame you .. of course my favorite pastime. ;)Michael J.

You can regain gauge clarity by adding this line into the display section of your fs9.cfg: PanelAsTexture=0However, if you do choose to use AA, you may have to disable it from the COF display menu and Force it via Rivatuner--otherwise the 2-d panels may appear black...Regards,John

Egbert, try updating your drivers (install the 45.23), I read somewhere that it resolves the problem you have...

"PanelAsTexture=0" gives me a FPS drop of 30%, moreover the panels are indeed sharper but still not as sharp as in 2002.RegardsHenri