Sign in to follow this  
Guest jumpjet

Throttles loose multi-action during flight?

Guest DonaldS

Flight Simulator 2004I just completed a leg of the DC-3 from Denver to Salt Lake City.After landing I had a heckuva time getting the aircraft to steer to the terminal. (Yes, the tail wheel was unlocked.)Then when clicking on the "Throttle" icon in the cockpit mode, I noticed that when I advanced the throttle using the joystick (Microsoft Sidewinder 1.0, (no hat switch") only one throttle lever moved forward. Using the keyboard commands F1 (cut) F2 (Increase) F4 (Full), only one throttle lever moved.I could grab the throttle with the mouse and move each one forward, separtely of course, but this is not a good alterative to use when airborne.When I took off, I just used the joystick Throttle control to advance the throttles together and all went well.Is there a command to tie those throttle levers back together?While doing a walk around of the aircraft in order to see if there was some outside influence on the throttles, I noticed that the rudder responds only left. I stood in back of aircraft and pushed joystick to the left and rudder moved to the left. When I pushed joystick to the right nothing happened. With Num Lock Off, I used Num Pad 0 and rudder moved to the left, I used Num Pad Enter and rudder did not move. (Those commands are from the Flight Sim manual)Does yours do that?It is the same for all of the FS 2004 aircraft. I have calibrated the joystick several times.Thanks,DonaldS

Guest DonaldS

>When I took off, I just used the joystick Throttle control to>advance the throttles together and all went well.The above line should have read; "When I _ORIGINALLY_ took off from Denver, I just used the joystick's throttle control to advance the throttles together and all went well.Thanks,DonaldS

Guest daveg4otu

Had this happen in FS2002 but not in FS9.The cure in 2002 is press E and hold down while pressing 1 and 2 in quick succession ( and 3 and 4 for 4 engines ) this ties the engine controls back in sync.Dave

Guest jumpjet

I have found in many aircraft. that the E 1 2 3 4 method doesn't always work. I believe that in your FS settings you can assign a shortcut key to do this for you.If you have the fully registered version of FSUIPC 3.xx ( or FSUIPC 2.975 if you only fly FS2002) You can assign a key to do this job. I use the FSUIPC method myself, in my case I press 'T' to re-sync my throttlesCheersGraham