Sign in to follow this  
HyperionXL

Flight Plan Software

I'm a GA flyer now looking to step into some bigger aircraft. So with that said, I probably need some decent flight planning software. I don't really have the time to sit down and understand why a flight is planned the way it is, plan it myself, or use real world plans, so I'm looking for something decent that can pretty much automate it for me. The basic FSX planner just isn't cutting it. Payware is fine. I'm trying courseplanner and it seems to be pretty nice, but is there any difference between the paid version and the freeware/trial version? If anyone knows let me know! Thanks.

Hi,Try Aivlasoft's Electronic Flight Bag... It's the best flight planner in the market... or if you like, you could wait a few months for the release of FS Commander 9.0... Whistle.gifOne more thing... Both of them require Navigraph Airac database if you want to be up to date with the SIDs and STARs...Dexter

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

I posted a thread much like this one a few weeks ago, asking the forum which payware flightplanner add-on I should purchase (you can probably find this thread in my post history, lots of responses, 2 page thread/) I have been using FSX flight planner, and yeah, it wasn't cutting it for me either. I ended up getting FSCommander and I do not regret it, not one bit, and it took me all 10 minutes to get a hang of the program.

Try Aivlasoft's Electronic Flight Bag... It's the best flight planner in the market...
NO!AivlaSofts Electronic Flight Bag IS NOT a flightplanner!It is a digital chart program!Buying Avlasofts EFB as a Flightplanner will lead maybe to disapointment, because its not made for.Nevertheless its one of the best Addons out there. You can try a free full functional 30 day trial version.I "just" own FSC and its ok. But wait for version 9.0 in a few weeks (hopefully)

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try the free Plan-Ghttp://www.tasoftware.co.uk/planG.htm

...I "just" own FSC and its ok. But wait for version 9.0 in a few weeks (hopefully)
I checked the aeorosft site and it says the boxed version should be out oct.29th. do you by any chance know when the download version will be available ?Thanksvic