Sign in to follow this  

Lessons In FS2004

I decided to try some of Rod's personal lessons in FS2004. I ran the Student Pilot Straight and Level flight, and at one point Rod says to "pause the sim to mentally prepare". When I resume, Rod never comes back - it's as if he jumped out. In the Climbs and Decents lesson it seems to happen as well. I remember the identical problem in '02, but would think it would be fixed in '04. Any ideas?? Thanks.

Haven't paused to mentally prepare... so I can't verify.Witnessed the similar problem in the Climbs and Descents lesson - happened 3 out of 3 times. I thought it might be related to the fact that just before Rod jumps out of the plane, there is a discrepancy between his verbal instructions and the written instructions on the screen. It was impossible to know if I was supposed to keep turning or level out.I haven't done the lessons since FS2K so I can't verify the problem with FS2K2.

Guest rbelts

I haven't had that particular event occur (yet); however, today while flying the private pilot descent/climb lesson, all was going well and when instructed to level off at a certain altitude I did so and nothing happened for 10 minutes or so - no voice comments or screen commands. I then decided to take advantage of being in the air so I turned towards Bremerton and landed there successfully and then got the screen message "since you crashed, the lesson will be ended.I am wondering if some of the lessons and/or checkrides aren't buggy.It seems that to stay within the tolerances, I have to fly 5 knots faster than instructed. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Guest calnaction

Hey,I don't know if you have tried this yet, but Ctrl + ] (I think that's the combo, not sure though, if not, it's listed under controls somewhere) will have Rod skip to the next instruction. I was about to start the lessons myself to have a refresher but I hope it's not a problem. Good luck getting it to work!-Cal

Guest RolandG

Hi all,I read recently in one of the FS forums, that in the US version of FS 2004 MS forgot quite a few sound files for the flying lessons (even on the CDs), which results in the instructor abandoning you in some lessons (e.g. "Climbs and Descents"). To check this, I copied the missing files from my German version of FS2002 over to my US version of FS2004. And it worked.The problem is, however, that now the instructor is swiching between English and German phrases, which is kind of distracting.Hence, my request goes out to all the kind simmers: Could someone please mail me (address is rolandDOTgosebruchATfreenetDOTde) a ZIP- or RAR-archive of all s*.wav sound files (e.g. s1-3.wav, s6-16.wav, etc.) from the folder FS2002Soundlessons of a US version of FS2002?Many thanks in advance.