Sign in to follow this  
Scott Miller

TM2 Panel/addon scenery compatibilty

I recently installed an addon scenery file for Terrace, BC. When I created a flight for Terrace I selected a Canada North TM2 737. When I switched to the main panel view FS2004 immediately crashed. I tried a different TM2 plane thinking that there might be something about the Canada North plane that the Terrace, BC didn't like. FS2002 crashed again. I also tried switching to the Terrace, BC scenery from another airport using a TM2 plane already in the main panel view (after allowing the various secondary panels sequence to finish) but FS crashed immediately after the Terrace, BC scenery loaded. Other aircraft I tried, however, worked fine.Has anyone else encountered this problem (either at Terrace or at another airport)? Obviously there is something being used in the Terrace, BC scenery that isn't compatible with the TM2 panel, but I haven't the faintest idea what it could be...Scott

Scott, did you try any default plane on that scenery? try once, maybe problem causing by scenery. If FS corrupts once again, remove (or switchOFF) scenery and try once to load default plane then TM2.the most probably, problem seems causing by scenery not from TM2.

Scott, did you try any default plane on that scenery? try once, maybe problem causing by scenery. If FS corrupts once again, remove (or switchOFF) scenery and try once to load default plane then TM2.the most probably, problem seems causing by scenery not from TM2.
No, I haven't tried using a default aircraft with the Terrace, BC scenery, but I have tried other addon aircraft which worked just fine with the scenery. It's only with the Terrace, BC scenery I've encountered this problem which means that the problem almost certainly has to, as you say, be something in the scenery itself that is conflicting with the TM2's panel (the panel by Richard Probst and Robert Scott).

can you give me that scenery link? I'll try on my FS for you. Do you use new modidifed panel with sperry 177 or your panel different than ours?

can you give me that scenery link? I'll try on my FS for you. Do you use new modidifed panel with sperry 177 or your panel different than ours?
Yes, I've got the modified panel with sperry 177. I believe I got the Terrace, BC (CYXT) scenery from the AVSIM's file library (that or FlightSim.com's file library)...

Hey, I just discovered that the scenery I'm having this problem with isn't Terrace, BC (CYXT), but Inuvik, NT (CYEV)!Sorry about the mixup! This scenery is also available either in AVSIM's library file or FlightSim.com's.

Scott, I found Inuvik CYEV from Flightsim, I couldn't find in Avsim. I installed and made a shot two circle attempt. First I used default C172,eveything fine. After that I changed to TM2 with sperry 177, there wasn't any problem. Inuvik scenery seems a simple scenery but it has a lot of details and as far as I see, some of textures were gone or didn't mateches with scenery bgl files. Anyway, I took off from rwy 05 and made right hand side circle aorund the airport at 5000ft. I checked from spotview for loading renders.I didn't live any problem.But I remembered something while trying to look right from cockpit, there was a notice about in some situations "if you try to look right or left from cockpit, flightsimulator maybe crash to desktop". I don't remember where I read that. But should be an attention for panel updating. If a few fellows makes test in there, we can sure causing by panel or scenery.