Sign in to follow this  
Propwash

Storing String Data

Bob, Works only in FSX.I tried fs9, but only 0. as result.Pity ++ Jan

Hi AllWorking with Dougs gauge and trying to use for multiple entries.n (>@c:FlightPlanWaypointIndex) (@c:FlightPlanWaypointIdent) (>C:FSX_STRINGS:hello:n)but (>C:FSX_STRINGS:hello:n) will not accept a macro or register in the number field to writ e to the gauge is this a FS problem?pve

Paul EGLD

Hi AllWorking with Dougs gauge and trying to use for multiple entries.n (>@c:FlightPlanWaypointIndex) (@c:FlightPlanWaypointIdent) (>C:FSX_STRINGS:hello:n)but (>C:FSX_STRINGS:hello:n) will not accept a macro or register in the number field to writ e to the gauge is this a FS problem?pve
Nope. That's a limit on the module's functionality. It's what made me think of building in support for arrays.FS passes everything to the right of "C:FSX_STRINGS:" in to the module as a single string.I can parse the string, looking for the colon character. However things start to get a little more ugly when I work out how to handle the creation and storage of the individual variables.Further, if the stuff to the right of the colon is "@SomeMacro" I can't do anything about evaluating the macro.The functionality of this approach will always be limited to evaluating XML expressions that C modules can handle. No G:Vars, no macros, no stack calls, etc. Basically just stuff that can be reached with A: K: L: P: and E: calls, along with actual numbers.I did get a bug in the string array storage routine fixed last night, so the module does now appear to be working pretty well. Doug

Latest version, as of 3:30pm, Sep 10, is here:http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?p=248413#post248413Post number 4. Doug

Jan,

Hi, with this code in an xml.gauge
<!--<Launch.Addon>	<Name>FSX_STRINGS</Name>	<Disabled>False</Disabled>	<Path>fsx_string_storage.dll</Path></Launch.Addon>--> <Element>	<Select>    	<Value>        	(A:ATC FLIGHT NUMBER,string) (>C:FSX_STRINGS:String00)    	</Value>	</Select</Element><Element>	<Position X="0" Y="200"/>	<FormattedText X="200" Y="450" FontSize="40" Font="Arial" Color="RED" Adjust="CENTER" VerticalAdjust="Center">    	<String>        	%((C:FSX_STRINGS:String00))%!s!    	</String>	</FormattedText></Element>

i only get "0." Jan

I found I just got 0. too using a similar thing with the <LOAD.ADDON> element at the top of the gauge. I had a think.... and realised this: I'm not sure, but I think including the LAUNCH.ADDON works in an Aces generated gauge ? (can someone verify this) but it won't work in a bare bones hand crafted gauge - The gauge I tried the string storage in was hand crafted. The <LAUNCH.ADDON> element should actualy be included in FSXs dll.xml file. This file contains the instructions for loading addon modules at startup - FSUIPC adds an entry for itself into this file when you install it - as do other modules. So I added the LAUNCH.ADDON element into my dll.xml file. Upon starting FSX I got the 'do you want to run this module', I clicked RUN and then got the 'is this a trusted module', I clicked YES and the string storage now works fine in any XML gauge that I put it in. Hope this helps ! Dave Take a look at this webpage for info on how/where to find the dll.xml file: http://support.preci...leshooting.aspx

Dave,Thanks, but....fs9!!Jan
Jan,I think I have it working in FS9. I sent it to your "chello" e-mail account. Does that still work? Doug

Doug, <Element><Select><Value>(A:ATC TYPE,string) (>C:FSX_STRINGS:String00)(A:ATC FLIGHT NUMBER,string) (>C:FSX_STRINGS:String01)(L:capt instr bus AC volts,number) (>C:FSX_STRINGS:String02)(L:Flood,enum) (>C:FSX_STRINGS:String03)</Value></Select></Element> <Element><Position X="10" Y="10"/><FormattedText X="200" Y="200" Bright="Yes" LineSpacing="20" FontSize="18" Font="Arial" Color="orange" Adjust="CENTER" VerticalAdjust="CENTER" ><String>\{bo}%((C:FSX_STRINGS:String00))%!s!\n%((C:FSX_STRINGS:String01))%!s!\n%((C:FSX_STRINGS:String02))%!s!\n%((C:FSX_STRINGS:String03))%!s!\n</String></FormattedText></Element> Gave: Boeing2125110 (cold and dark: 0)0 ( 1,2,3 moving the switch) In other words, it works!Thank you very much!Now looking for more intelligent applications. Jan

Guys I'm looking for a solution to a little problem I'm having creating a page that lists all the Duplicate Waypoints. It provides data such as their FREQ if applicable and their LAT/LON. However I can not get the code to work consistently. The values often flicker on and off from 0.00.... to the actual value and back.Here is the code:

<Element><FormattedText X="275" Y="230" Bright="Yes" Font="Calibri" FontSize="15" Tabs="15,16L,55L,100L,265R,270R"Adjust="left" Color="%( (L:FMC-BRT,number) 0x7f + 0x100 * )%"  LineSpacing="15"  ><String>n{lsp=5}%('AWNVM' (>@c:IcaoSearchStartCursor)(L:FMC-UNIT-1,number) 0 != if{(L:FMC-UNIT-1,number) chr (L:FMC-UNIT-2,number) chr (L:FMC-UNIT-3,number) chr(L:FMC-UNIT-4,number) chr (L:FMC-UNIT-5,number) chr scat scat scat scat (>@c:IcaoSearchEnterChar) })%((@c:IcaoSearchMatchedIcaosNumber) s2)%(0 sp1)%((@c:IcaoSearchMatchedIcaosNumber) s2 0 >)%{if}%{loop}%(l1 (>@c:IcaoSearchMatchedIcao))nt%((@c:IcaoSearchCurrentIdent))%!s! %(l2)%!s!t%('AWNVM' (@c:IcaoSearchCurrentIcaoType) ord schr)%{case}%{:0}ARPT%((@c:IcaoSearchCurrentIcao) (>@c:WaypointAirportICAO))nttt%((@c:WaypointAirportLatitude) 0 > if{ 'N' } els{ 'S' })%!s!%((@c:WaypointAirportLatitude) abs flr)%!02d!°%((@c:WaypointAirportLatitude) /-/ (@c:WaypointAirportLatitude) /-/ int - 60.019236934915036870791920487336 /-/ *abs)%!02.1f!% %((@c:WaypointAirportLongitude) 0 > if{ 'E' } els{ 'W' })%!s!%((@c:WaypointAirportLongitude) abs flr)%!03d!°%((@c:WaypointAirportLongitude) /-/ (@c:WaypointAirportLongitude) /-/ int - 60.019236934915036870791920487336 /-/ *abs)%!3.1f!%{:1}ISEC%((@c:IcaoSearchCurrentIcao) (>@c:WaypointIntersectionICAO))nttt%((@c:WaypointIntersectionLatitude) 0 > if{ 'N' } els{ 'S' })%!s!%((@c:WaypointIntersectionLatitude) abs flr)%!02d!°%((@c:WaypointIntersectionLatitude) /-/ (@c:WaypointIntersectionLatitude) /-/ int - 60.019236934915036870791920487336 /-/ *abs)%!02.1f!% %((@c:WaypointIntersectionLongitude) 0 > if{ 'E' } els{ 'W' })%!s!%((@c:WaypointIntersectionLongitude) abs flr)%!03d!°%((@c:WaypointIntersectionLongitude) /-/ (@c:WaypointIntersectionLongitude) /-/ int - 60.019236934915036870791920487336 /-/ *abs)%!3.1f!%{:2}NDB%((@c:IcaoSearchCurrentIcao) (>@c:WaypointNDBICAO))n%((@c:WaypointNDBFrequency,KHz))%!4.1f!tt%((@c:WaypointNDBLatitude) 0 > if{ 'N' } els{ 'S' })%!s!%((@c:WaypointNDBLatitude) abs flr)%!02d!°%((@c:WaypointNDBLatitude) /-/ (@c:WaypointNDBLatitude) /-/ int - 60.019236934915036870791920487336 /-/ * abs)%!02.1f!% %((@c:WaypointNDBLongitude) 0 > if{ 'E' } els{ 'W' })%!s!%((@c:WaypointNDBLongitude) abs flr)%!03d!°%((@c:WaypointNDBLongitude) /-/ (@c:WaypointNDBLongitude) /-/ int - 60.019236934915036870791920487336 /-/ * abs)%!3.1f!%{:3}VOR%((@c:IcaoSearchCurrentIcao) (>@c:WaypointVORICAO))n%((@c:WaypointVORFrequency,MHz))%!3.2f!tt%((@c:WaypointVORLatitude) 0 > if{ 'N' } els{ 'S' })%!s!%((@c:WaypointVORLatitude) abs flr)%!02d!°%((@c:WaypointVORLatitude) /-/ (@c:WaypointVORLatitude) /-/ int - 60.019236934915036870791920487336 /-/ * abs)%!02.1f!% %((@c:WaypointVORLongitude) 0 > if{ 'E' } els{ 'W' })%!s!%((@c:WaypointVORLongitude) abs flr)%!03d!°%((@c:WaypointVORLongitude) /-/ (@c:WaypointVORLongitude) /-/ int - 60.019236934915036870791920487336 /-/ * abs)%!3.1f!%{:4}MARKER%{end}%(l1 ++ s1 l2 <)%{next}%{end}</String></FormattedText><Clip Top="50" Bottom="200"/></Element>

I was hoping I could store them to LVars and then it would work. Is this a feasible approach or am I missing something here. This is FS9 primarily but X too.

Good Day,

Engjell Berisha

Angel-Simulations-Small.png

I was hoping I could store them to LVars and then it would work. Is this a feasible approach or am I missing something here. This is FS9 primarily but X too.
Hi,Before having a look through your code, I have a simple question first. Are you wanting to store the Waypoint Ident and/or ICAO, that is, string data, as well as numbers such as frequency and lat/lon?Bob

We'll to be honest I have no need to store them. I just figured that perhaps if I did store them the code would work like I am wanting it to.

Good Day,

Engjell Berisha

Angel-Simulations-Small.png