Sign in to follow this  
3Green

My complaint

I almost never post on any AVSIM forum because it seems I'd be talking with a bunch of school children. A lot of the our fellow simmers act like they are 9 years old. It really makes it hard to participate when the overall decorum of the forum is that of a child. GROW UP!!! Posts like "It's time to fly - NOT FS2004" seems to be an obvious and malicious attempt to flare up someones anger. An attempt to push someones buttons, to get a reaction and a chuckle at the same time. And you know what...it always works. An adult wouldn't feel the need to defend him or herself to faceless, anonymous text, of which this forum is. So, I can only conclude that there few mature adults here. I suppose it is too much to ask and expect a little professionalism. I get annoyed at having to go through pages and pages of junk, like the example I gave above, to get good and worth while information. For this very reason I seldom review the forums. But, every once in a while I come back and take a peek, and nothing ever changes. I've seen better social etiquette from a third grader.

Well sir, that might be because there are children on these forums and some are quite vocal. Now that's not to say that some adults do not post what others would consider immature or childish. This is no utopia, it's easy to stay out of threads that offends your idea of social etiquette...[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/winglets_lg.jpg [h3] AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

I generally agree. There are quite a few kids here but there are also adults that act like kids. So yes, it takes some work to seperate substance from chaff but I wouldn't consider it a 'major' inconvenience.Michael J.

If you say that again I'm gonna go tell!!!

Guest N73GX

I had to read this post twice to give it the proper consideration that the core of the post was about. An attempt to push someones buttons, to get a reaction and a chuckle at the same time. And you know what...it always works. An adult wouldn't feel the need to defend him or herself to faceless, anonymous text, of which this forum is.Ok, tell me if I am wrong, but if you strip down what is said, in my post from the previous post. Isn

Guest Max Cowgill

Oh yeah? Well my dad can beat up your dad so neener neener neeeeener! :( -Max Cowgill

Forums are like the freeway. Some stranger cuts you off and you have the urge to speed up with them, flip them the bird, and curse them. Here, someone posts an obscene or rude remark and like the freeway you (people in general) feel compelled to reply back. Childish (maybe, maybe not). I tend to think more human nature...Forums are also like a 12 car pile up, we all have to stop and gawk;)

Posts like "My complaint" seems to be an obvious and malicious attempt to flare up someone's anger. :-fume It worked :-lolI get annoyed at having to go through pages and pages of junk, like the example I gave above, to get good and worth while information.. :-xxrotflmaoGROW UP!!! I've seen better social etiquette from a x:)~Where do I find the "complaint slider" in FS2004? :-lolI apologize for pushing your buttons.. :-wave RJOh, just to keep this thread in the Flight simulator forum, Can anyone recommend a good computer to run FS2004 on? Nothing ever changes.... :D