Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rafael_pto

Problem with 747-400, GE engines

Hi there. I´m experiencing a very odd situation: when I load the 747-400X with GE engines, after some seconds of simulation (about 30 seconds) my computer freezes. And not only FS, but the whole system. Trying to access the task manager by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del is useless, the only way I can use the system again is taking it from electricity. Does somebody perhaps know what could be causing it? When I load the planes with PW and RR engines it works perfectly.To let you know: I´m using FSX in windows vista 32-bits.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Rafael, Please sign your posts with full name in this forum, thanks.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/That's an odd issue you have there. It sounds like something is corrupt, perhaps the GE's model file? I would uninstall and reinstall or run the installer and choosing the repair option. Other than that, what do your windows event logs say? Since the issue is as extreme as it is I would check both your application logs as well as System logs.